PDA

View Full Version : Backhand Woes

es-0
05-13-2007, 07:36 AM
I have a problem, I'm stuck between my 2hd and my 1hd.

1hd- Pros: Comfortable, angles, easier to hit on the run, spin, able to flatten it out. Cons: More mishits, don't hit as well when rushed.

2hd- Pros: Power, hit when I'm rushed, low balls, better returns on serves, control, and placement. Cons: Can't hit high balls, most balls are paceless and like a lob, can't hit on the run, can't get much spin or flatten the ball out.

I prefer to use the 1hd, but my team's coach believes that beginners should not start with a 1hd backhand. So he's convinced I should be using a 2hd backhand and gets really mad with my every time he sees me use it.

I know I should go with what I'm more comfortable with, but I respect my coach and he is also my friend.

So I think all in all I want other opinions on whether or not a beginner could start with a 1hd backhand, and any way I could deal with the situation with my coach.

calvinchang
05-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Whichever you're more comfortable with

Forehand Forever
05-13-2007, 09:15 AM
comfort is usually the number one thing. Tell your coach that. I do things in school matches that my coach doesn't like sometimes, but I'll win the match and its all good.