PDA

View Full Version : nadal serve

chris1992
05-13-2007, 09:43 AM
im left handed and my serve is one of the weakest areas of my game and even though nadal does not have one of the best serves in the game, i like his abbreviated style and would be very grateful on any tips anyone could give me to perform it or something similar?

mileslong
05-13-2007, 10:41 AM
well i think the key for any left hander is to develop a very good kick serve out wide on the ad court. this means that you will be kicking it out wide to most players backhand which is most players weakest shot. that will both draw them way out wide of the court leaving the rest of the court open for the taking and also their return will usually be a weak one...you should also start working on coming in after that serve because you will get a lot of short balls which will be easy put away volleys...

watch some videos of john mcenroe serve and he just kills people with that tactit. tennis 101 really... nadals serve is effective because of the crazy spin he gets, he usually only serves down the T. i thnk it would behoove him to start kicking the thing out wide more on the ad court..

chris1992
05-13-2007, 10:56 AM
thanks. do you know if nadal use a different grip on his serve to the standard grip?