PDA

View Full Version : How Can I....????

Rulo
05-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Well.... the other day I decided to play with a full western grip....
I played awesome.... Nadal-like Heavy Topspin were coming....
After some time, I changed my racquet for my AeroPro Drive....
The Topspin was even better then....
The problem is.... after a while, my wrtist started to hurt....
My question is....
Is there any exercise to make my wrist stronger????
By the way.... I'm a strong, 6ft and 176 lbs, I'm 16 years old and I'm pretty muscular (no fat at all ;) )

Thanks....

Rulo
05-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Could anybody help me????

Brian_C
05-13-2007, 05:28 PM
yea here scroll down this site it has wrist exercises that i use, very helpful i think. http://www.netfit.co.uk/racquets-web.htm

LarougeNY
05-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Wow. I hope I get to be six foot by the time I'm sixteen. Hopefully those inches come along sometime before july.
Your best bet is either with the resistence trainning (bands and such) or you can do weights (not sure how that works) but if you go to a gym and ask a trainer I'm sure they'd direct you to the proper exercises.

rbowser
05-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Use light dumbells and ligt only using your wrist (facing down) up and down slowly. I wouldn't try keeping a extreme western unless you started to play with it. It could eventually give you wrist problems, but hey, heavy topspin overpowers that, right? Just practice. That always works.

Rulo
05-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow. I hope I get to be six foot by the time I'm sixteen.

LOL
I guess daddy did it with too much enthusiasm ;)

bluestreak711
05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Well.... the other day I decided to play with a full western grip....
I played awesome.... Nadal-like Heavy Topspin were coming....
After some time, I changed my racquet for my AeroPro Drive....
The Topspin was even better then....
The problem is.... after a while, my wrtist started to hurt....
My question is....
Is there any exercise to make my wrist stronger????
By the way.... I'm a strong, 6ft and 176 lbs, I'm 16 years old and I'm pretty muscular (no fat at all ;) )

Thanks....

heres what i did to stregnthen my wrist i sat in a chair and i used a weight a standard 10lb that i use for normal lifting and rested my forearm on my leg and lifted the weight up and down entirely with my wrist

i havent got hurt doing that and i am not a doctor so i am not respnsible for any injury

so use your own good judgement for how much weight to use

Teh_pwnerer
05-14-2007, 10:43 PM
im not really THAT strong and im not THAT tall either, but ive been playing witht he western after like 4 months i started playing and im not having any kind of pain, and im using the k95, i think thats a heavy racquet?