PDA

View Full Version : around the world

Brian_C
05-13-2007, 07:00 PM
At first I thought this drill was a little to confusing but after a while with working with children its great if you have a group of ppl. So I would like to share it with you guyz.

Around the world
Skill Objective:
- Hitting groundstrokes on the run
- Hitting under pressure

Procedure:
- Players are divided into two groups, one group on each end of the court.
- Players in each group are lined up behind the center of the baseline.
- Ball basket is located near the back fence on one end of the court designated as the feed end.

Drill gif:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6024/drillqh0.gif
if the gif was helpful i might just start making lots of drills in gif form,but it all depends onyou guyz.
Note: I will make it look better this one i just made as a test

LarougeNY
05-13-2007, 07:08 PM
yeah but, like the game is with kids, there'll be lobbing and setting up to get people out.

Brian_C
05-13-2007, 07:14 PM
thats true, but for some reason my kids seem to like this drill, i mean at first they couldn't get a good volley going. So i gave them an incentive i said that if they could get 100 strokes i would give them all string... so far they have reach around 30 so i still have some time before i have to start buying string lol

zapvor
05-13-2007, 07:53 PM
its super fun. i think everyone likes it. its a fairly well known tennis game.

edit: wow thats some cool gif graphics thing you did. i just noticed that/

Solat
05-13-2007, 09:48 PM
its a good one to wear them out

a good variation is to give them 2 chances with their racquet and a 3rd chance with their hands, Ie catching and throwing from the spot that they caught it, overarm behind the s/l and underarm in front

Brian_C
05-14-2007, 01:29 PM
its super fun. i think everyone likes it. its a fairly well known tennis game.

edit: wow thats some cool gif graphics thing you did. i just noticed that/
thanks for that comment do u think it helps if it does i might just post lots of drills that way, on another note...
yea it is keep the ppl who are waiting there turn in the game to because they must get ready to hit the ball in some of my drills my kids tend to drift off into space since they just have to wait until one finishes, but in this drill the ball is in continuous motion so your not really allowed to doze off... lol

kevhen
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, cool, I have been in drills where after hitting a ball you have to run to the other side of the net in a hurry to play the next ball. If you make a mistake you are out and then you go until just two players are left and then they just rally the point out. Lots of running and makes it fun if you have alot of players standing around on the court.

shojun25
05-14-2007, 06:33 PM
it looks like tennis style lightning.

edit: nice example by the way.

zapvor
05-14-2007, 11:49 PM
thanks for that comment do u think it helps if it does i might just post lots of drills that way, on another note...
yea it is keep the ppl who are waiting there turn in the game to because they must get ready to hit the ball in some of my drills my kids tend to drift off into space since they just have to wait until one finishes, but in this drill the ball is in continuous motion so your not really allowed to doze off... lol

yea i think its neat. at first i thought it was just a pic.haha