PDA

View Full Version : Online TV Coverage of Wimbledon and US Open

ATXtennisaddict
05-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Will they offer something similar to ATPmasters TV online? I am thinking of cancelling my cable TV but I hate to do it because I won't have ESPN or ESPN2 :(

Tchocky
05-14-2007, 06:28 AM
Last year Wimbledon offered online coverage of all matches from all courts. I believe ESPN2 will carry the 1st week of Wimby coverage with NBC taking over once the quarters start. USA Networks provides the most extensive coverage of the U.S. Open with CBS taking over once the quarters start. I wouldn't cancel your cable TV unless you don't care about watching these tournaments.

ATXtennisaddict
05-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Oh I care. The only reason I pay $60/month for cable is 90% for tennis purposes. Tennis is such an expensive sport!

Gugafan_Redux
05-14-2007, 08:06 AM
With luck, various broadcasts, such as Star or ESPN or Eurosport will be available on sopcast and/or TVU player. quality and reliability goes way down compared to a cable subscription.

CyBorg
05-14-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm paying for Wimbledon access online. I'm not altogether fond of the company that provides it (they charged me twice once), but the quality is truly incredible and Wimbledon is all about quality. Choice of courts, good picture and sound, replay of matches, no commentators (!). No brainer.

barry
05-14-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm paying for Wimbledon access online. I'm not altogether fond of the company that provides it (they charged me twice once), but the quality is truly incredible and Wimbledon is all about quality. Choice of courts, good picture and sound, replay of matches, no commentators (!). No brainer.

I would not complain, here in the states we get ESPN and the only matches we see are Roddick and the William sisters. Rather than live matches, most of the time it is reruns of guess what? Roddick and the William sisters. If ESPN is not showing them, then they are talking about them.

Hope the Tennis Channel takes the rest of the slams away from ESPN, they are awful. Best matches I have seen this year have been on the Tennis Channel.

Plus with the TC there is know ticker tape on the bottom reporting yesterday's street ball scores!

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
05-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Oh I care. The only reason I pay $60/month for cable is 90% for tennis purposes. Tennis is such an expensive sport!

DAMN!, i only pay 39.99

Gillian
05-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I've never watched tennis on my computer. Is the quality okay??