PDA

View Full Version : Hamburg court shadows ick!

Craig Sheppard
05-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Gah does anyone else think that roof shadow in Hamburg is the absolute worst thing ever on a court?! It is so distracting even on TV! I'm glad it goes away when it's cloudy but man I'd hate to be playing on it. What is that thing, some sort of giant spider roof?

Gillian
05-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Is this tournament on ESPN or just TTC?

qwerty66
05-14-2007, 02:48 PM
it was on TSN
i saw it and i am like WTF

christo
05-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Hamburg is a joke, it's cold and nasty always. The slowest clay on the planet, i cannot imagine it's a good tuneup for RG at all. I remember the year Roberto Carreterro won the title. He was the Martin Verkerk that year. Never to be seen again

Craig Sheppard
05-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Hamburg is a joke, it's cold and nasty always. The slowest clay on the planet, i cannot imagine it's a good tuneup for RG at all. I remember the year Roberto Carreterro won the title. He was the Martin Verkerk that year. Never to be seen again

From what I've seen so far, I can't disagree.

War, Safin!
05-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Gah does anyone else think that roof shadow in Hamburg is the absolute worst thing ever on a court?! It is so distracting even on TV! I'm glad it goes away when it's cloudy but man I'd hate to be playing on it. What is that thing, some sort of giant spider roof?
Have you also noticed how dull , overcast and cold it appears in Hamburg - EVERY YEAR.

Plus, they stadium always appears empty. :confused:

goforgold99
05-15-2007, 03:20 AM
The website of Hamburg AMS is crap also

Craig Sheppard
05-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Hamburg is one of the Masters Series tournaments they're downgrading right? If I remember right, they're also downgrading Monte Carlo? Hamburg I can see downgrading in a minute's notice... place looks miserable. Monte Carlo would be a tragedy, such a nice tournament.

Craig Sheppard
05-15-2007, 03:49 AM
Is this tournament on ESPN or just TTC?

Just TTC, no ESPN coverage that I know of.

Buuurnz
05-15-2007, 06:06 AM
naw Hamburg is always crowded...in a week there are easily over 100000 visitors! downgrading Hamburg, one of the oldest and most traditionally tournament out there? would be a big mistake, cuz of what I heard the players like the tournament and the city a lot!
The roof doesnt distract the players, I can tell, I played on the center court already...!

Buuurnz
05-15-2007, 06:09 AM
as for the weather: Hamburg can't help it...there was sundhine and 70-80 degrees without a drop of rain in whole april...and now the tournament starts and it starts being bad...!
would u downgrade wimbledon cuz it's raining all the time?hahahaha

Buuurnz
05-15-2007, 06:11 AM
I'd rather downgrade a masters from the states...!Like Cincinatti or somethign!

War, Safin!
05-15-2007, 09:32 AM
as for the weather: Hamburg can't help it...there was sundhine and 70-80 degrees without a drop of rain in whole april...and now the tournament starts and it starts being bad...!
would u downgrade wimbledon cuz it's raining all the time?hahahaha
Even when wet and miserable, Wimbledon still tops as best Slam, no question.

illkhiboy
05-15-2007, 09:45 AM
^ I prefer Australia. Wimbledon actually has a good spot during the summer vacations of the northern hemisphere (majority of the world I think).

I think Hamburg and Rome should switch places since it's more pleasant in the German city in April (or is it?). It actually used to be like that a few years ago.

Rhino
05-15-2007, 09:47 AM
I see they,re putting the roof up over the Robredo match for the first time this week, with a bit of rain. What a cool roof it is! They'll have a similar device at Wimbledon soon, it's been like a building site down there.

armand
05-15-2007, 06:09 PM
It looked pretty cold in Hamburg actually, saw some players wearing sweaters/jackets. But I got used to the shadows, relax.

Anyway, I think they should downgrade both Hamburg and Cincinatti, no matter how well they're run, no matter how popular they may be. Already enough tournies in America and Europe, on hard courts and clay.

How about some more tournaments in Asia, or how about going to Africa or Latin America? If not, let's just cut the redundancy.

Nadal_Freak
05-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Well the bad weather isn't good but I enjoy watching the slow clay courts they have there. Anyways the shadows are actually interesting. A trademark for that tournament I guess in a way.

jmsx521
05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
The website of Hamburg AMS is crap alsoTheir Hamburgers are too!

tenis
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
What else guys do you know about Hamburg? Probably not to much...

Bogie
05-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Their Hamburgers are too!

is that supposed to be funny?:confused:

Buuurnz
05-15-2007, 11:02 PM

ask something and I'll answer it...I live here;)

War, Safin!
05-16-2007, 02:29 AM
It got heavily bombed in WWII? :confused:

Gillian
05-16-2007, 10:56 AM

tastes better than Frankfurt?:p

forzainter
05-16-2007, 11:19 AM
You are a moron. The Cincinnati tournament is one of the most well run tournaments out there.

i think the usa has too many masters series tournaments, when countries in south america, where a majority of players come from, dont have any real big tournaments.

Gillian
05-23-2007, 04:11 PM

I finally got see Hamburg on TV, and I didn't think the shadows were nearly as bad as I thought after reading this thread. Funny roof though. Kind of like an umbrella??

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
05-24-2007, 05:43 PM
For this time of year, rather hard not to expect such weather in Hamburg...I mean it's not south Florida. But the tournament is well attended and appreciated by both players and attendees, although I realize that should not decide in itself whether it is downgraded or not.

Buuurnz
05-25-2007, 05:58 AM
^ I prefer Australia. Wimbledon actually has a good spot during the summer vacations of the northern hemisphere (majority of the world I think).

I think Hamburg and Rome should switch places since it's more pleasant in the German city in April (or is it?). It actually used to be like that a few years ago.

and guess y they switched places...cuz of the weather;)