PDA

View Full Version : Who goes deeper; Federer at RG or Nadal at Wimbledon?

chlsmo
05-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Sorry if it seems like a dumb thread, but I thought it might be interesting.

edmondsm
05-14-2007, 02:06 PM
A week ago I would have said Fed at RG. Now not so sure.

chlsmo
05-14-2007, 02:06 PM
A week ago I would have said Fed at RG. Now not so sure.

Same, but I will still pull for Roger.

Nadal_Freak
05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Nadal will go further.

Craig Sheppard
05-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Think Nadal will go further b/c Wimbledon has kept slowing the grass down so a baseliner can win... RG hasn't changed the clay as much as Wimbledon has the grass.

edmondsm
05-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Nadal will go further.

Big suprise

juvvi
05-14-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't understand the hype about Federer's grass court specialty. Agreed, he beat Sampras but that was in 2001. And yeah, he won 4 consecutive wimbledon titles. But I think that was due to lack of good grasscourt players. Remember, even Hewitt won wimbledon after the Sampras era. So what does that say about the quality of opposition on grass?

Federer is an awesome player and plays well on all surfaces, exceptionally well on hard courts. This grass court specialty is a legend created by the press. I am not sure he is as comfortable on grass as Nadal is on clay.

Or may be no one can be comfortable on grass. That's how unpredictable the surface is supposed to be.

Baghdatis72
05-14-2007, 03:32 PM
I think they will reach exactly the same round :D

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
05-14-2007, 04:51 PM
both will meet in the finals.

Shaolin
05-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Fed wins RG and Nadal loses in 4th round @ W

vkartikv
05-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Wimbledon used to be special to watch. After looking at who made the runner-up last year, I am beginning to wonder if Wimbledon even means anything anymore.

Noveson
05-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Wimbledon used to be special to watch. After looking at who made the runner-up last year, I am beginning to wonder if Wimbledon even means anything anymore.

Who made runner-up last year? You mean the number 2 player in the world? Oh, maybe the rankings are good for something:rolleyes:

LarougeNY
05-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Fed wins RG and Nadal loses in 4th round @ W

Agreed, or at least fed gets to the final.

tricky
05-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Picking Nadal this year. Nadal is going to get a good draw at Wimbledon, and he's going to come off significant momentum likely winning the French. I like Roddick and a number of players over Nadal, but he probably doesn't face them until 2nd week.

Whereas Fed just dumped his coach, got eliminated early in a clay court surface comparable to the French, and has about 2 weeks to turn his UEs and footwork around for FO.

I mean; I almost think this is an easy call. Sure, Nadal had an easy draw this year, but Fed is nowhere near the level of readiness for the French as he has been in the last 3 years. Hell, both men may drop out early in their respective tourney.

ACE of Hearts
05-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Your nuts juvvi.His game is built for grass.He moves well on the surface and creates amazing shots.Its not hype created by the media.His one handed backhand is sweet for it.U better be on your best to take him out.

LarougeNY
05-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Whereas Fed just dumped his coach, got eliminated early in a clay court surface comparable to the French, and has about 2 weeks to turn his UEs and footwork around for FO.

Well Fed had a disasterous day against volandri, he was making just about every mistake imaginable. His footwork isnt bad, and I definitely think (along with most realists) that he is the second best clay courter out there, and with Nadals decision to play hamburg, you never know what might happen in the finals at RG if both #1 and #2 battle for the crown.

master935
05-14-2007, 08:02 PM
I voted for nadal. He made it to the final last year and he's playing really well on a lot of surfaces this year. Fed isn't doing well on clay right now so I don't think he won't make it verry far into the french.

tricky
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
His footwork isnt bad, and I definitely think (along with most realists) that he is the second best clay courter

Sure, last year, in his best clay court season, he was the 2nd best out there. But given how his footwork, fitness, and accuracy has been for a good 2 months, clay is uniquely ill suited for what he is doing. He didn't play that well on slower hardcourts. He has been playing erratically on clay. Realistically it will be a struggle for him to go all the way to the finals. The same problems, namely his movement, have persisted through the last 2 months.

navratilovafan
05-14-2007, 08:58 PM
I dont expect Federer to lose in the quarters or 4th round of the French Open which is where Nadal will exit at Wimbledon.

tennis_hand
05-14-2007, 09:16 PM
haha. why not a wild guess:

Fed wins the FO and Nadal wins the Wimbledon.

PrinceO3TourOS
05-14-2007, 11:40 PM
:D Another wild guess:

"They exit in the same round..." :lol: :lol: :lol: