PDA

View Full Version : too high balls

bkmidwoodtennis
05-14-2007, 06:19 PM
hi some or most of my forhand shots hit too high above the net why ? is there anything i can do to hit the ball lower above the net ?

Northpaw
05-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Um, your post is rather vague, but I'll try my best. Perhaps if you hit your shots more flatly, the ball would come closer to the net. You also may be getting too far underneath the ball when coming through your stroke. Your hands want to be just underneath the ball when you make contact. As long as the balls are going in, there shouldn't be too much of a problem. If they're not, (and all you want to work on is getting the balls in) you may want to add more spin to the ball.

Of course, the best way to fix any problems you may have is to get out there and actually practice and hit, rather than listening to advice on forums or watching videos.

zapvor
05-14-2007, 10:52 PM
yea...vague post/question.

Slazenger
05-15-2007, 12:04 AM
hi some or most of my forhand shots hit too high above the net why ? is there anything i can do to hit the ball lower above the net ?

aim lower.

Seifersquall1
10-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Uh, bend you knees...

fx101
10-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, there are three ways to get the ball down, all of which require different levels of technique and have slightly different results.

#1--Racquet Angle-- If you are hitting the ball with the racquet pointing somewhat up then turn it so it is perpendicular to the ground or slightly facing the ground.

#2--Speed--Faster swing Speeds require a more closed racquet face. Slow it down if need be.

#3--Topspin--This can replace the other two if done properly. Topspin will force the ball down into an arc shape and kick up on your opponent. Look in the forums or even better take a lesson to learn how to hit a more heavy topspin.