PDA

View Full Version : 6 weeks wear from barricade IV

onkystomper
05-15-2007, 12:42 AM
I bought a pair ov Barricade IV's and after 6 weeks the outsole has gone straight through to the toe. I live in the UK so no 6 month warranty, does this seem like a manufacturing fault??

HyperHorse
05-15-2007, 12:53 AM
How often do you play each week?
How many hours each session?
Which surface?

onkystomper
05-15-2007, 12:55 AM
I was playing about 3 - 4 times a week about 2 hours a time on hard court. I bought a pair of breathe III's about 4 weeks after these and wore them some of the time too!

HyperHorse
05-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Sounds like a defect to me....
What is your weight & height?
You're not one of those stupid people that try to slide on hardcourts are U? just checking...

onkystomper
05-15-2007, 01:01 AM
No, sliding on a hard court is not my thing, i have a bad ankle (strapped with an aircast) so would not be a good idea. I am 6'1" tall and 87 kg. I had a pair of black red barricades which lasted about 7 months (was winter so did not play as much)

HyperHorse
05-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Yep, definitely sounds like a defect...
Ring up Adidas UK... see what they can do...
Just out of curiousity, what type of hardcourt was it?
Plexipave? Rebound Ace? Does it feel like concrete or more like cement, with sand mixed in? If u cant tell, a hardcourt would be a bit slower if it has sand mixed into the cement...

onkystomper
05-15-2007, 01:13 AM
It is a Tarmac Adam court mainly. THe other court i use is plexipave.

HyperHorse
05-15-2007, 01:15 AM
So you're going to ring Adidas UK?
Let me know what they say....

onkystomper
05-15-2007, 01:18 AM
I have written a letter which i have enclosed with the shoes. I will let you know how it turns out. I laways find you get a better response when you put things in writing.

HyperHorse
05-15-2007, 01:28 AM
Hhmm that's interesting, I had a pair of Reebok pump runners a number of years ago, very nice shoes...
They were all black, synthetic made out of a neoprene type material, and the pump bladder was on the outside, which came in several colours..
Anyway after 2 months the bladder on one of the shoes went bust, So i rang up Reebok Australia and they offered to replace them with a diff pair, since this model was discontinued...
If you have already sent them off, I wouldnt have done that, i would have phoned them and then they can tell you what they are willing to do...
Oh well, how soon do u anticipate a reply from Adidas?
I would ring them right now actually.

onkystomper
05-15-2007, 01:47 AM
I have not actually sent them off yet. i spoke to the shop where i got tem from and they said they would replace them. I will give adidas a call and see if they say anything different. If they are going to send me a newer model that would be great.

onkystomper
05-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Just spoke to adidas UK. They said to send them back to the shop i got them from. If they do not change them Adidas will. They seem to be quite liberal with their returns but then for £90 for 6 weeks worth of shoes i should hope so!!

pow
05-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Wow that's crazy, I barely show much wear on mine and my brother has been playing way more than me, it shows wear on his but not to the point that there is a hole or anywhere close.

onkystomper
05-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Wow that's crazy, I barely show much wear on mine and my brother has been playing way more than me, it shows wear on his but not to the point that there is a hole or anywhere close.

yeah i am really thinking its a faulty pair! Mine is through to the soft part your foot rests on

es-0
05-15-2007, 03:07 AM
You might be dragging your feet a little. With my first pair, about a month or two into wearing them i had a massive hole on my left shoe because I was dragging my shoe on alot of my shots.

sharp325i
05-15-2007, 02:52 PM
the ivs are in general pretty durable, but if you play enough, you can definately get through them in 6 weeks, especially if you take a lot of small squeaky steps in getting ready for a shot. they are still much more durable than the breathe free 2s.

Voltron
05-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Mine are starting to show wear after about a month and a half, which seems reasonable, because I play about as much as you (onkystomper). Anyway, it's good to hear that they will be replaced.

rabidcow
05-15-2007, 05:34 PM
My friend wore his through in about 5 weeks, this was during the high school season so 5-6 times a week for 2-3 hrs

Matt_MS
05-15-2007, 06:19 PM
I used mine for about a year, and they would of been fine if I hadn't started sliding so much haha