PDA

View Full Version : Rafa: Where souls come to rest

ksbh
05-15-2007, 09:37 AM
I found this signature in Morissey's posts rather interesting, in a poetic kind of way. Sorry Morissey, I couldn't resist stealing it!

I feel that Nadal is playing too much and the souls coming to rest could end at Hamburg. At RG though, I'm certain that the souls will start coming to rest again. In the sense Rafa is going to win his 3rd straight French Open title. I've never ever been sure of any player winning a particular grand slam title but the way Rafa's been playing, I don't see anyone getting close to him, never mind beating him.

When was the last time we saw someone blow players away on clay like Rafa is doing? It's supposed to be a surface for grinding. Single handedly, this kid has revived the popularity of clay court tennis!

Morrissey
05-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I found this signature in Morissey's posts rather interesting, in a poetic kind of way. Sorry Morissey, I couldn't resist stealing it!

I feel that Nadal is playing too much and the souls coming to rest could end at Hamburg. At RG though, I'm certain that the souls will start coming to rest again. In the sense Rafa is going to win his 3rd straight French Open title. I've never ever been sure of any player winning a particular grand slam title but the way Rafa's been playing, I don't see anyone getting close to him, never mind beating him.

When was the last time we saw someone blow players away on clay like Rafa is doing? It's supposed to be a surface for grinding. Single handedly, this kid has revived the popularity of clay court tennis!

You called?

GOD_BLESS_RAFA
05-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Hey Morrissey and Ksbh
What is the meaning of this expression "Where souls come to rest" I'm afraid I miss it

ksbh
05-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Morris ... not sure I understand. What is your question?

You called?

ksbh
05-16-2007, 05:09 AM
I'll leave it to Morrissey to answer that. He is the creator of that brilliant phrase!

Hey Morrissey and Ksbh
What is the meaning of this expression "Where souls come to rest" I'm afraid I miss it

Morrissey
05-16-2007, 05:30 AM
I'll leave it to Morrissey to answer that. He is the creator of that brilliant phrase!

Many thanks. I just was inspired by Ross K´s Babolat Alliance thread. For those of you who have been in there you know what I mean. But it´s also like the theory behind black holes in outer space in which nothing can escape it´s gravitational pull, not even radio waves, solid matter or light. When you enter the clay court with Nadal, no one can escape, not even Fed. In a way like black holes devouring anything in its path Nadal takes the spirit, the fight and fitness out of his opponents on clay, thus ultimately taking the soul out of his victims. The work required to defeat Nadal becomes infinite, with no victory plan defined. I took the last sentence out of Wikipedia and changed the words around. :-)

Mr Topspin
05-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Many thanks. I just was inspired by Ross Kīs Babolat Alliance thread. For those of you who have been in there you know what I mean. But itīs also like the theory behind black holes in outer space in which nothing can escape itīs gravitational pull, not even radio waves, solid matter or light. When you enter the clay court with Nadal, no one can escape, not even Fed. In a way like black holes devouring anything in its path Nadal takes the spirit, the fight and fitness out of his opponents on clay, thus ultimately taking the soul out of his victims. The work required to defeat Nadal becomes infinite, with no victory plan defined. I took the last sentence out of Wikipedia and changed the words around. :-)

I don't think i agree with that statement! I don't think it is a positive way to describe success. Taking souls is a negative term associated with the Devil! There are much more ways to promote nadal by using more life affirming words such as overcoming adversity, Pure Heart, Heart of a champion and or resilience personified.

Morrissey
05-16-2007, 07:12 AM
I don't think i agree with that statement! I don't think it is a positive way to describe success. Taking souls is a negative term associated with the Devil! There are much more ways to promote nadal by using more life affirming words such as overcoming adversity, Pure Heart, Heart of a champion and or resilience personified.

You're on to something, maybe you can use that as a signature. :-)

megraf
05-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Very nice siggy. Im impressed.

ksbh
05-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Morrissey ... LOL! That was brilliant! I really enjoy some of your posts where you bait the Fed loverboys but posts like this are much more enjoyable and funny!

Less baiting and more of such posts please! Going by Mr. Topspins comments, may I say this post was 'devilish'?! :)

Many thanks. I just was inspired by Ross Kīs Babolat Alliance thread. For those of you who have been in there you know what I mean. But itīs also like the theory behind black holes in outer space in which nothing can escape itīs gravitational pull, not even radio waves, solid matter or light. When you enter the clay court with Nadal, no one can escape, not even Fed. In a way like black holes devouring anything in its path Nadal takes the spirit, the fight and fitness out of his opponents on clay, thus ultimately taking the soul out of his victims. The work required to defeat Nadal becomes infinite, with no victory plan defined. I took the last sentence out of Wikipedia and changed the words around. :-)

Gillian
05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't think Nadal win FO. Not sure who will, but I have feeling he won't!

Morrissey
05-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't think Nadal win FO. Not sure who will, but I have feeling he won't!

You have a right to think that. But I think he can.

austro
05-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Time to take a deep breath and relax...

ksbh
05-16-2007, 11:28 AM
I think he will!

Gillian
05-18-2007, 03:26 PM

Well, sure, he can. I just have a hunch he will not win this year. Sooner or later he will lose on clay, and if it doesn't happen at Hamburg this week (to Fed in the final!), I think he will lose at FO maybe.

Duzza
05-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Hey Nadal fans, what do you think Nadal would do if/when(it will happen one day) he loses his claycourt streak? I think it would suck...especially if it was at the FO.

Morrissey
05-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey Nadal fans, what do you think Nadal would do if/when(it will happen one day) he loses his claycourt streak? I think it would suck...especially if it was at the FO.

Well duh, of course it would suck. Just like it would suck for Fed to lose his unbeaten streak on grass at Wimby instead of Halle.

edmondsm
05-18-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm afraid that with the amount of tennis that he's been playing, the streak may end tragically. I hope I'm wrong, but I think that souls may cease to come to rest when Nadal gets a wrist or elbow injury.

Oh and the whole "where souls come to rest" thing might be the cheesiest thing I've ever heard.

@wright
05-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Rafa- where underwear come to get soiled...

GOD_BLESS_RAFA
05-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Well, sure, he can. I just have a hunch he will not win this year. Sooner or later he will lose on clay, and if it doesn't happen at Hamburg this week (to Fed in the final!), I think he will lose at FO maybe.

Fortunately he lost in Hamburg that will give him time to realize how to face Federer again and how to figure out his loss so as not to lose again and to have confidence and to rid of some desillusion and to win his 3rd FO with less pressures!!

GOD_BLESS_RAFA
05-21-2007, 02:51 AM

Thanks Morrissey!
I think Nadal also enchants those who are close to him or trying to come closer to him or hang around him
Look what Moya did after he has played doubles with him (he beat Djokovic and Blake unbelievable!!)
:D

Gillian
05-23-2007, 04:04 PM

I'm taking my bows now, thank you very much!