PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Wilson paintjobs pj

Pleepers
05-15-2007, 10:33 AM
I have found a wealth of knowledge on Head pjs. Basically they are frames with very low static weight (about 290g) and low balance points so that techs can customize them with lead to the specific needs of the player.

Now what about Wilson's pjs? Are they based on this same concept or are they made much differently? Are they made with "base specs" or are they made specific for each player? Just interested. Thanks.

Jonnyf
05-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I have found a wealth of knowledge on Head pjs. Basically they are frames with very low static weight (about 290g) and low balance points so that techs can customize them with lead to the specific needs of the player.

Now what about Wilson's pjs? Are they based on this same concept or are they made much differently? Are they made with "base specs" or are they made specific for each player? Just interested. Thanks.

I think Wilson Pro Room get them as basic molds (no strings pattern drilled,no grip pallets etc.) and then they customize it to the specs.

Pleepers
05-15-2007, 10:40 AM
I think Wilson Pro Room get them as basic molds (no strings pattern drilled,no grip pallets etc.) and then they customize it to the specs.

So pros just place an "order" then have Wilson make it for them? Does this include the weight and balance or just the string pattern and grip?

Jonnyf
05-15-2007, 10:47 AM
So pros just place an "order" then have Wilson make it for them? Does this include the weight and balance or just the string pattern and grip?

I believe so, I remember on Greg Ravens site he mentions Taylor Dent getting alot of blacked out frames till they found exactly what he wanted and since almost/all wilson players don't get subcontractual work (Except stringing) so custom molded handles appear to be done by the pro room

zapvor
05-18-2007, 07:18 PM
in Chang's book he mentioned how he and his brother would tell Prince what he wanted in terms of specs, and the factory would send him like a couple and he would hit with it, then send it back with what to change,etc until the batch was made to his exact wants. but that's Prince, not Wilson, haha.