PDA

View Full Version : Determine foot type

bigmanoncampus
05-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Does anyone have any tips as to how i can tell whether i have relatively high or low arches? What about supinated or pronated? I am trying to decide whether to buy the accelerator's which are for high arches. Thanks guys as always

Chris

chadilac
05-21-2007, 09:14 AM
i have a Tennis Magazine artical that has shoe suggestions for if you have wide or narrow feet and high or low arches. not shure if it tells you how to determin it though. I will scan it and post it when i get home.

Caswell
05-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Supination and pronation can be tricky. I thought I supinated due to high arches and some turning through my gait, but my podatrist took one look at my feet while I was walking and pegged me as a pronator.

Look around for a running specialty store. A lot of them will watch your feet while you walk around in the store and tell you what type of foot you have.

Getting your foot type right is a great thing - I had pain for over a year from running and playing tennis in the wrong shoes. I play more and train harder in the right footwear now and there's no pain.

chadilac
05-22-2007, 06:15 AM
If you have one near you i would go to Fleet Feet sports. the one neer me accualy has a tred mill that you run on and they have cmeras that watch your feet and the specilist tells you what insole to get for your shoe. but im sure if you ask they will tell you what shoe to get. the one near me dosnt sell tennis shoes but the man there suggested a pair for me and i loved them.