PDA

View Full Version : how much do you spend on lessons and how often?

Trey
09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Do most of you club players spend $40-60/hr for lessons every week?

It seems rather excessive for the average player.

Is the a cheaper a way to get good instruction?

thehustler
09-21-2004, 10:02 PM
What are you tryin to work on? I took a few lessons to get the basics down, after that I've self taught myself how to improve each stroke, keeping my head still, what I feel like I need to work on and what is ok for now. If you've got a good friend who's willing to help you out that's the cheapest way, otherwise it's lessons or learning by yourself. And yes it seems excessive to spend that kind of money for lessons.

TwistServe
09-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Well I been taking lessons once or twice a week.. depends how much time I have and what matches I have coming up..

It costs me $40/hr so its $40-80 per week..

sandro
09-22-2004, 03:57 AM
Here it's 15 + court fee x hr.
I take 1 x week.

irishbanger
09-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Check into group lessons until you reach the point where they are not working for you (usually at the 3.5-4.0 level), then get with a buddy that plays at your level and split the $40 hour cost. Then, when you want to beat him, take privates for awhile.

TwistServe
09-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Make sure you get the right coach.. The first private instructor I had didnt help my game much. I stuck with him for 2 months.. The next instructor I got has helped my tremendously. I've been able to beat people that used to beat me.. One of my friends that used to beat me all the time hasn't beaten me in 2 months hehe.. and I another guy that used to beat me, i beat him last week 6-4, 6-1.. so things are paying off..

James Brown
09-22-2004, 07:43 AM
25$ canadian for a lesson and if we play indoors at the club it comes out to like 47$ with tax (quebec...GRR). once a week. if i did more, i think my lack of job would cause my mother to kill me. hehe

predrag
09-22-2004, 08:41 AM
Do most of you club players spend $40-60/hr for lessons every week?

It seems rather excessive for the average player.

Is the a cheaper a way to get good instruction?

Let me give the input from the other side :)

I charge 35 for private lesson.
25 per person for semi.

Most of my students take one lesson a week.
Some would like to take more, but I do this only part time, since I work full time
plus I want to dedicate most of the time to my kids tennis.

Unfortunately, most of my students do not play tennis during the week except for a lesson.

Regards, Predrag

Trey
09-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Make sure you get the right coach.. The first private instructor I had didnt help my game much. I stuck with him for 2 months.. The next instructor I got has helped my tremendously. I've been able to beat people that used to beat me.. One of my friends that used to beat me all the time hasn't beaten me in 2 months hehe.. and I another guy that used to beat me, i beat him last week 6-4, 6-1.. so things are paying off..

how do you know if you have the right coach? I think I am improving a little with the guy have now for about a month, but certainly not by leaps and bounds. It is hard for me to a good gauge because I have nothing to compare him to.