PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Nike Air Max BREATHE CAGE

jonolau
05-16-2007, 04:48 AM
I've just received my new pair of Nike Air Max Breathe Cage today! The shoes already looks good in pictures but looks even better in the flesh! What I got was Obsidian/White-Chlorine Blue which is absolutely magnificent.

Trying it on the shop, I've never worn a more comfortable pair of tennis shoes. I had initial hesitation when I realised that it was designed as a "sock" as I have broad feet. But I had no problems slipping my foot in, and it feels really snug.

Overall, I really feel its worth its price.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/jonolau/BreatheCage1.jpg

onkystomper
05-16-2007, 06:32 AM
lets see how durable they are before getting really excited. i had breathe III's that popped after 2 weeks. not happy

jonolau
05-16-2007, 06:35 AM
lets see how durable they are before getting really excited. i had breathe III's that popped after 2 weeks. not happy

Are you saying the air bubble popped? Very interesting. The Breathe Cage that I received today was a free exchange for a Breathe III that had the front bubble delaminate and was moving around ... so like you, I'm not overly excited to see how long it can hold out ... ;)

However, that being said, I had three pairs of Breathe IIIs and only one had that problem.

Lloyd Barcenilla
05-16-2007, 06:52 AM
I love these shoes, very comfortable, no break in required.
I have those colours in the picture above

diredesire
05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
i've been wondering about these... I just returned some breathe free IIs and received a voucher in return..:roll:
I wanted BFIIs, but now i just have credit at niketown.com... At least they updated their color ways, maybe i'll just pick up a pair.

onkystomper
05-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Are you saying the air bubble popped? Very interesting. The Breathe Cage that I received today was a free exchange for a Breathe III that had the front bubble delaminate and was moving around ... so like you, I'm not overly excited to see how long it can hold out ... ;)

However, that being said, I had three pairs of Breathe IIIs and only one had that problem.

yeah iu am sayinmg the bubble in the heel popped so i had to walk around like mr wheezy

jonolau
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah iu am sayinmg the bubble in the heel popped so i had to walk around like mr wheezy

If the soles of your shoes are still visible and not worn out, I'd be inclined to say that a replacement is still possible. After all, the bubble is supposed to last as long as the thread on the sole.

Bring it back to the shop for their opinion.

LarougeNY
05-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Wow, those are pretty good-looking shoes there. nice get!
and about the durability, I've only heard good things about it.

The Ripper
05-22-2007, 05:57 PM
I have been playing with the Cage's for about 2 weeks now and like them pretty well. They are very comfortable and the softer sock does make them easier to get on than the Breathe II's. I would say that the sole material does feel a bit harder on the Cages (vs. the BII's) and there seems to be more cushioning in the footbed. However, the BII's IMO had a much better court feel, i.e., felt closer to the ground with lots of feeling for the court and super quick. So far the Cages feel less sensitive to the court and a bit more clunky, but not by much. Unless the Cage's break in some more, I'll probably go back to the Breathe II's since they feel like houseslippers on court - the best!

$.02 :grin:

jonolau
05-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Wow, those are pretty good-looking shoes there. nice get!
and about the durability, I've only heard good things about it.

Thanks! About the durability, I've only had them for a week, so can't really comment on that part.

jonolau
05-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I have been playing with the Cage's for about 2 weeks now and like them pretty well. They are very comfortable and the softer sock does make them easier to get on than the Breathe II's. I would say that the sole material does feel a bit harder on the Cages (vs. the BII's) and there seems to be more cushioning in the footbed. However, the BII's IMO had a much better court feel, i.e., felt closer to the ground with lots of feeling for the court and super quick. So far the Cages feel less sensitive to the court and a bit more clunky, but not by much. Unless the Cage's break in some more, I'll probably go back to the Breathe II's since they feel like houseslippers on court - the best!

$.02 :grin:

Your description of house slippers is spot on! After one session on the court, the shoes have broken in. However, it's still taking me time to adjust to wearing it like socks on the court because it's starting to feel a little loose and I don't really like that at all. So, what I did was tighten up the laces a little and suddenly my feet went numb after one game ... loosened it up and all felt better, but the lateral movement is unnerving.

Conslusion - I don't like it so far and still prefer my Breathe 3s. Maybe I just need a little more time to adjust to the sock design.