PDA

View Full Version : Handle customisation

mutt
05-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Hello,
my question is: when RPNY or RacquetMAXX or someone customise the pro handles, what they do? I mean, when they build a complete custom handle what material they use and how they proceed? What are the steps?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ripper
05-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Hello,
my question is: when RPNY or RacquetMAXX or someone customise the pro handles, what they do? I mean, when they build a complete custom handle what material they use and how they proceed? What are the steps?

Thanks a lot for your help!

A pro who started his career using Prince racquets, for example, and, later on gets sponsored by Wilson, for example, might want to keep using the handle shape he's used to. Also, a pro who's very sensitive about his handle diameter and wants something in between the sizes offered to him, might have his handles customized. Things like that.

thomas martinez
05-16-2007, 06:44 PM
It's PU foam that is used. It can only be done to frames which have a PU handle already on them. You remove the old handle, leaving a bare hairpin. You pour your foam into the mold, close the mold with racket in it, let it set, and voila, you have a new handle on your frame.

jayserinos99
05-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Tom, is the process time-intensive and expensive? Say I'd like to go with a Wilson grip shape on a Head frame...how difficult would it be?

nyc
05-16-2007, 07:05 PM
I think Grip size reduction is $40 and Grip customization is $75, but I would ask Roman at RPNY directly, he's very responsive on email.

Jonnyf
05-17-2007, 12:32 AM
I think Grip size reduction is $40 and Grip customization is $75, but I would ask Roman at RPNY directly, he's very responsive on email.

I wouldn't contact Roman, contact Thomas Martinez he'll be able to help you

baseliner87
05-17-2007, 03:04 AM
how do you learn all this stuff (cutomisation)

thomas martinez
05-17-2007, 03:27 AM
Hey Jay drop me a line on drivemehrd@aol.com and we'll talk a bit more about it if you'd like.