PDA

View Full Version : General tips for improving/fixing strokes

Teh_pwnerer
05-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok guys i finally fixed the mental part of my game, some parts of my strokes but since tomorrow is my last day to practice before tourney i will need some general tips for inmproving fixing my strokes, from watching the ball to what to do after the ball is ont he other side

Thanks!

Spindarella
05-16-2007, 08:56 PM
its hard to help you with your strokes if you dont describe them at all

Teh_pwnerer
05-16-2007, 09:25 PM
just general tips on how to prepare to hit and stuff.

well some inf (again)

Western grip

like to hit with open stance and off my back foot but im changin that, adapting to it and liking it

i dont know look at nadals forehand, something like that, windshield whiper motion, it looks like nadals fh but its not exactly the same

Solat
05-16-2007, 09:58 PM
you shouldnt fix strokes during tournament play, you should work tactics during tournaments and technique during preparation

skiracer55
05-17-2007, 10:06 AM
you shouldnt fix strokes during tournament play, you should work tactics during tournaments and technique during preparation

...the biggest single thing you can do to help yourself in your tournament is to keep your feet moving. Most people think tennis is an arm sport; it's not, it's a leg sport. It makes absolutely no difference how well you can hit a forehand if you can't get there in time to line up the shot...realizing, of course that playing a tournament match is vastly different than rallying with a hitting partner. Your hitting partner is trying to feed you so you can groove your strokes; your opponent in a tournament match is trying to do everything so that you won't get grooved.

If I were most people's coach, I'd take their rackets away from them for two months and make them do nothing but speed, quickness, agility, and flexibility drills. Tournaments especially have this way of making the feet shut down. Keep your feet moving and you'll be just fine...