05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
8 months since he retired, I still can't get his game out of my head

Gillian
05-23-2007, 04:18 PM

I miss him too! Going to miss Kim too!!

CEvertFan
05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I always enjoyed watching him play and wear down his opponents and run them into the ground. I do think he played better as he got older and although his career wasn't consistent, he still managed to win 8 Slams and contend until his mid 30s.

It was especially interesting to watch him play Sampras and then Federer because those two players more than any other took Agassi out of his comfort zone and forced him to do more with his shots.

I also loved how he always tried to attack with his service return and how early he took the ball on his groundstrokes.

PrinceO3TourOS
05-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Agassi is a GOAT :D I also miss him in the pro tour, but I think in 1 or 2 years he'll be back in the legends tour ;)

kingdaddy41788
05-23-2007, 10:49 PM
I think we all (that is, anyone with a soul) miss him.

mantis
05-24-2007, 09:36 AM
it is tough to watch the slams without him, andre and i are close in age so i have watched him my whole life! booo whoooo.

ilovecarlos
05-26-2007, 07:47 AM
We're all entitled to our opinions, right? You'll hear commentators make referances to him at every opportunity...I personally won't miss anything about him...from the pigeon toed baby steps to blowing snot onto the court.......carry on;)

nadalgirl26
05-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Agassi only lesft since my sweet Nadal wasd overpowering him. He blew him off the csourt at wimbledon last year and at Canadian event the year before thast. My sweet Nadal had too powerful of groundstrokes for poor AGassi.

hyrulemaster
05-26-2007, 08:27 AM
NOOO!!! nadalgirl26 you swore that if nadal didnt win the 2006 US Open you would leave forever. WHY ARE YOU BACK?!?!?

A.Davidson
05-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Noooo, God! Why!? Why have you forsaken us!? Ha ha ha. In all seriousness, despite the fact that he hasn't even won the most Slams in his HOUSE (oooh, burn!) I'm really gonna miss his unique approach to the game and (in his later years) his very gentlemanly demeanor. Without him, American tennis wouldn't be what it is today.

logansc
05-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Agassi only lesft since my sweet Nadal wasd overpowering him. He blew him off the csourt at wimbledon last year and at Canadian event the year before thast. My sweet Nadal had too powerful of groundstrokes for poor AGassi.

All I have to say is wow...

Anyone have vids of Blake giving Nadal one of his three beatdowns with HIS groundstrokes? They should fwd it to her.

Back on topic, I was a huge Agassi fan, I watched his last few matches at the USO and held out he might pull a Sampras and go all the way, but as we all know that didn't happen. I agree he was great not only for American tennis but the sport in general.

Roger Sampras
05-26-2007, 08:40 PM
he is my favourite player to watch. evrytime i watch him play its like getting a free tennis lesson - (apart from his 2handed bh) i attempt to copy his play.
im so grateful for a particular tennis coach i had as a junior, who tought me to (try to) immitate Andre's forehand, his service motion, his footwork and the way he attacked the ball etc.
i spend a good part of my life pretending im andre! lol...and the other part pete...ivan...etc...legends!
I feel the way these amazingly professional people went about there business can teach one so so much, not only when on the tennis court, but also in the business world...focus, passion, commitment, enthusiasm, temperament etc.:D :D :D
legend!

federerfanatic
05-27-2007, 07:27 AM
We're all entitled to our opinions, right? You'll hear commentators make referances to him at every opportunity...I personally won't miss anything about him...from the pigeon toed baby steps to blowing snot onto the court.......carry on;)

Ditto. Dont want to be disrespectful or anything but you sum up my feelings too in a nutshell. To each their own.

Meanmachine22
05-29-2007, 06:59 AM
Agassi was the reason why i picked up a racket in 1987.
When he left last year it was a damn big lost to this sport.
Say whatever you will but he was the " last real character" .

wao
05-29-2007, 11:13 AM

I was watching some DVD's I made of last couple years US Opens the 5 set match between Marcos and Andre. He and Pete.

Supracool94
05-31-2007, 01:20 PM
It's hard to watch tennis without Agassi. I feel while he played, we always had the possibility of having an American pull through. Now look, no americans left at the french, how can you not miss Agassi.