PDA

View Full Version : Switching it up

trav*17
05-17-2007, 07:26 PM
hey everyone, recently i have changed racquets, going from an oversized head liquidmetal intruder(pretty sure it's discontinued) to a babolat pure drive+. I found that it was quite light so i leaded it up at 3 and 9. Anyways, since this racquet has alot of power, i decided i'm going to switch from eastern to semi western, hoping to get some more spin. I have hit with the babolat about 5 times already, with semi western, not quite consistent yet, but i can take good cracks and it still drops in a 2 to 3 feet which is great. My question being, when rallying can i still finish around the shoulder, going from low to high, or should i change to a more windshield wiper like motion, or is there a diffrence at all?

richw76
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I have a western, and I probably do both. from baseline or behind it or runnign a ball down I bend knees then do a low to high finishing around opposite shoulder. short balls or if I'm late/off balance probably more windshield. This is probably not very good advice to take though.

zapvor
05-18-2007, 10:27 AM
going to semi western is a good idea. i usually finish over my shoulder, but either way is ok depending on what kind of shot you are going for.

trav*17
05-18-2007, 02:04 PM
thanks for the advice guys