PDA

View Full Version : Satisified With 1 Pair of Shoes?

CivicLx
05-18-2007, 11:30 AM
From reading various posts, it sounds like a lot of people like to try out different shoes. I'm curious as to who is content in finding one pair of shoes and sticking with them and who likes to keep changing and try different shoes.

DRtenniS1112
05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I tried out different shoes until I stumbled accross Barricades, I haven't found anything as good as them for me so I stick with em. I do however get the newer model when I get new ones.

z-money
05-18-2007, 11:36 AM
there are a lotta good shoes and shoe brands. but where i work there are guys with different brands. what i mean is there is a addidas guy, then there are the wilson guys then reebok guy and me im nike guy, we even have lotto guy. where that brand is head to toe on that pro. except for unders and socks usually thorlo socks

dunloplayah
05-18-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm a nike guy, but keep trying different models out. I have 4 pair now. My favorite happen to be the cheapest they make! City Court II at acad. sports for $39! gotta love that!

CivicLx
05-18-2007, 12:01 PM
for apparel, i really like the feel and style of Diadora and I love the feel of ST as well, but I'm willing to try another brand such as Nike or Adidas.

As for shoes, I like to try out several pairs but I can't really tell the differences between various shoes like some other players can. I just sent the MDPs back for replacement and am now onto the BFIIs which I'm liking a lot. If i wear them out within 6 months, I'll replace them but I'll also look to buy a different type of shoe at that time as well.

JRstriker12
05-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I have a very flat foot and I need a size 13. If I find a shoe that works, I stick with it. I've been using Breathe 3's over the past year and a half.

They fit, my feet like them, I am not changing until Nike discontinues the shoe.

I did try on the cages, but they hurt by big toe.

Joey
05-18-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm always trying out different shoes and believe me, there are substantial differences. Shoes I tried from best to worst:
Nike BFII
Adidas Barricade IV
Yonex 305
Adidas A3 Olympic
Adidas Barricade II
Asics Gel Icon
Reebok Matchday Pump
Lotto ATP Raptor Speed
Fila Axelis D

rabidcow
05-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Well once I find a good pair I will stick with them until I either start having problems with them or I believe theres something better on the market. For example I wore the Adidas Feather's until this spring when I started having durability issues with them b/c of the high school season. I almost bought another pair b/c I must have light weight shoes but I stumbled across the Asics Gel Revolution, and now I plan on wearing these for a long time to come

jonolau
05-19-2007, 07:41 AM
I've tried different shoes until I started developing sharp pain from an extremely tender sole. I then tried out BFIII and never looked back. Now that BFIII is discontinued here, I just got a new pair of Breathe Cages and they are just as good for front sole cushioning.

10sfreak
05-20-2007, 11:11 AM
I stuck with Head Games Lows until they discontinued them. Loved those shoes - most comfortable I've ever worn on court...

dr_punk
05-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm still looking for my great shoe, but once I have it, there wont be any reason to keep buying shoes, and I wouldn't buy any more than one pair unless they're free

Voltron
05-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm always trying out different shoes and believe me, there are substantial differences. Shoes I tried from best to worst:
Nike BFII
Adidas Barricade IV
Yonex 305
Adidas A3 Olympic
Adidas Barricade II
Asics Gel Icon
Reebok Matchday Pump
Lotto ATP Raptor Speed
Fila Axelis D
Could you compare the Yonex 305s and the Barricade IVs based on traction? Relating to hard courts especially. I'd really appreciate it. :D

StealthGnome
05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
SHT-304 for my wide feet.
Everything else it too cramp.

drakulie
05-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Nike Oscillates. Been playing with them for years.