PDA

View Full Version : florida tennis

jjames
09-22-2004, 07:34 PM
i'm thinking of going to florida for 6 months. wheres the best place to play tennis? tampa, jacksonville, orlando, tallahassee, etc? housing looks cheap. i play 5.0's. hows the rain, and summers? i'm from the west coast. when i see rainfall statistics of 6 or 7 inches in the summer, it makes me wonder. what would be hotter, a summer in tucson,az or tampa, fl?

NoBadMojo
09-22-2004, 09:30 PM
i'm from florida..big state w. all kind of good tennis and diff weather. know that you will find much har tru down here and not so much hard court, altho there are places that offer both. know west coast to be mostly hard court..dont know if that is an issue. tucson would be mostly hard i think and hot but not humid. tampa can be very humid. you've a myriad of choices depending upon your preferences. florida is the sunshine state not the rainfall state :) well its the hurricane state this year...ed

Matt H.
09-22-2004, 10:38 PM
south Florida is where it's at as far as USTA men's open tournaments are concerned.

I'm up in Tallahassee for school, and the tennis isn't too bad...but you're not going to find much 5.0 competition. Boca Raton and Miami is loaded with tournaments every weekend.