PDA

View Full Version : Puma Boris Becker Super

Ted Ghost Shackley
05-19-2007, 01:48 AM
This week, I have been playing with my retired racquets and was shocked at how good they played. I have several Puma Boris Becker Super's that I tried out and let my hitting partner play with.

We both loved the smooth feel and control. The plow through was great. I weighed the racquets after playing and they were 13 oz. each; no racquets come so heavy these days.

Does anyone know if these are different from the Estusa Boris Becker. My racquets say GRAPHITE 50/50 FIBERGLAS on top of the frame. I have heard that Becker's Estusa's were 80/20 graphite to fiberglass.

ericsson
05-19-2007, 02:43 AM
yes, boris played the 80/20 but the same mold as the super. his racket was tuned with some lead and no basic grip, just three overgrips.

Ted Ghost Shackley
05-20-2007, 07:11 PM
A friend told me that the Bosworth Estusa Becker weighs 12.6 oz. I am a big guy (6'7") and play with a 6 grip (4 3/4). My racquet weighs 13 0z. Does the weight differ between grips?

PrestigeClassic
05-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Lots of variables here, as is usually the case with frames that are different. Bosworth frames were as Becker preferred his frames: no replacement grip, two overgrips, a bit of lead. Also, graphite and fiberglass have different densities, and even if Becker's frames were 80/20, who knows if the frames had more/less other things inside.

luis
06-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Hello....Do you know guys where can I buy a Puma Boris Becker Super or Estusa?....thanks.

D. Nelson
06-08-2007, 07:55 AM
...great insight (read as KNOWLEDGABLE REPLIES!!), guys...thanks !!! I always liked those old Esusa frames as well....dumped the last of mine a LONG time ago...but was thinking about getting '1' just to re-work bal./swingweight to see how I might use it 'these days' (as in older...Hahaha!!). I'd probably meke it even a little MORE headlight, and string it with a loose Timo/NXT combo....good for starters ??

kaiotic
06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
the puma has more heft than the estusa by at least 0.5 oz, if not, more.
the plough-thru is great on the puma..

the estusa PBP is solid but may need a little lead on the head to get the same pt action as the Super.

has anyone tried the Puma Winner?? how different is it from the Super?
need one of these.

Ted Ghost Shackley
06-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Hello....Do you know guys where can I buy a Puma Boris Becker Super or Estusa?....thanks.

There is a recent post by chris_in_japan on the TW racquets thread regarding his Becker racquet collection. He might have some insight.

10sNut
07-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Ericsson...

By your posts and where you're located, you appear to be a Super expert (which is a good thing). I've recently picked up my old Super and found that I like many of its qualities. Is there anything being currently (or recently) made that can match it closely?

Thanks..

ericsson
07-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Ericsson...

By your posts and where you're located, you appear to be a Super expert (which is a good thing). I've recently picked up my old Super and found that I like many of its qualities. Is there anything being currently (or recently) made that can match it closely?

Thanks..

Short answer, NO

you can demo a lot but the feeling of the super's is hard to find...

(closest i got was the volkl T10 VE mid) but no super ;-)

PBODY99
07-05-2007, 10:36 AM
The 50/50 frame was the racket that was sold in the US when Boris first broke big. The 80/20 {Graphite_Glass} was the European model that was imported after a couple of years. I had a friend break 5 of the 50/50 when they first came out. He finally got replacement that were 80/20 which he used for the next ten years.