PDA

View Full Version : Prince Precision Response Titanium v. Prince Precision Response 660

Ted Ghost Shackley
05-19-2007, 01:53 AM
The Prince Precision Response Titanium hits very nicely and is easy on the arm. How does it differ from the Precision Response 660? Pat Rafter endorsed the 660 (used for his USO wins) and then the Ti; was his Ti a paintjob or did he really play with the Titanium?

kissmyace
05-19-2007, 09:59 AM
He used the 660 throughout his career, painted as the Ti and then as the Warrior. Do a search, there are plenty of posts on the subject.

Ted Ghost Shackley
05-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Mr. Kissmyace:

Per your suggestion, I searched the subject. There seems to be a 50/50 split on whether Rafter used the Ti, but a consensus that he never used the Warrior. I was told in 1999 that Rafter did switch to the Ti and leaded his racquets in the handle and on the hoop.

I noticed that you have played with both the 660 and Ti. I would love to try a 660; how does it play compared to the Ti? Does the more flexible hoop generate more spin? Does it have more control and is it easier on the arm?

galain
05-21-2007, 01:37 AM
I used to be quite friendly with the Rafter family. Pat never switched from the 660 once he began using it. However, from what I was told, he really wasn't one to get too fussed about small details. I do know that they used to come weighted and gripped already, straight from Prince.

kissmyace
05-21-2007, 04:14 AM
He definately never used the Warrior, there are some great photos in one of the threads that show a close up of the Warrior in Rafters hands and it is obviously a paint job as the Warrior has tell-tale ridges on the bridge of the frame and the 660 and Ti had none.
As for the differences between the 600 and the Ti. The 660 is a fantastic frame. Massive spin on the serve, one of the best volleying rackets available (up there in my op with the Head 600 and the Warrior) and very nice off the ground. String it tight with gut and you've got a fantastic all-rounder, its a shame that the pj has not faired well over time.
The Ti has the same kind of mannerisms, great vollies, bigger on the serve but not as nice off the ground. Slice backhands can be knifed with all three frames but i've always struggled to get the same kind of spin all round with the Ti that i have with the 660 and with the Warrior MP.

pap_man69
05-22-2007, 06:30 PM
I had both the Ti and the 660. The 660 is much lighter and feels a little more "crisp" from the baseline. The Ti has a more solid feel and is better at net and with serves. The Ti is also more comfortable.