PDA

View Full Version : Hewitt`s strings?

morten
05-19-2007, 12:18 PM
I know he used nat gut and tecnifibre before(not hybrid)

Rulo
05-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I know he used nat gut and tecnifibre before(not hybrid)

I think he uses the same setup as Roger Federer....
But I'm not quite sure....

crazylevity
05-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Alu Mains, Gut crosses. Same as Safin, but not the Rough.

Bogie
05-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Alu Mains, Gut crosses. Same as Safin, but not the Rough.

other way around. both he and fed use vs touch mains (fed's is wilson gut but thats babolat gut repackaged since wilson buys their gut from babolat) and alu power crosses.

Bogie
05-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Same as Safin, but not the Rough.

lately, safin hasn't been using his alu/vs touch hybrid. i believe he switches to babolat ballistic polymono during the clay season.

Xavier
05-21-2007, 05:12 AM
Hi, i've been the official stringer for Australian Davis Cup Team for first round Davis Cup in Belgium this year. I've strung for Hewitt.
It was on clay court.
I've strung for him Babolat Vs Gut 1.30 on main and Big Banger Alu Power on cross. Tension was 46 lbs.

ericsson
05-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Hi, i've been the official stringer for Australian Davis Cup Team for first round Davis Cup in Belgium this year. I've strung for Hewitt.
It was on clay court.
I've strung for him Babolat Vs Gut 1.30 on main and Big Banger Alu Power on cross. Tension was 46 lbs.

Xavier, are you a professional stringer? i guess you're from the french part of Belgium...

Lambsscroll
05-21-2007, 05:52 AM
It was on clay court.

Thx Xavier. I was curious other tensions Hewitt has had on other surfaces?

crazylevity
05-21-2007, 06:10 AM
I stand corrected. Must have been misinformed.

Hessam
05-21-2007, 04:36 PM
lately, safin hasn't been using his alu/vs touch hybrid. i believe he switches to babolat ballistic polymono during the clay season.

Safin sure looked like he was using a full BB original set-up in his match against Ferrero in Hamburg second round.

anyone that can verify this. The close up of his racket when he broke his string looked exactly like BB original ---not the lighter Polymono like Moya had against fed.

Bogie
05-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Safin sure looked like he was using a full BB original set-up in his match against Ferrero in Hamburg second round.

anyone that can verify this. The close up of his racket when he broke his string looked exactly like BB original ---not the lighter Polymono like Moya had against fed.

moya never used polymono, he's been using bb original for quite some time now

mileslong
05-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Tension was 46 lbs.
was the tension the same for the mains and the crosses??

Hessam
05-21-2007, 10:43 PM
moya never used polymono, he's been using bb original for quite some time now

you're right... my bad....moya has been using BB original....

So did safin use BB original or Polymono in hamburg last week?

can anyone confirm this?

HyperHorse
05-22-2007, 01:05 AM
That's a seriously low tension....
I would have imagined that Hewitt would string his racquets a bit tighter than that....
How can he have any control with such a low tension?

morten
05-22-2007, 01:47 AM
i get more control at low tensions.

ericsson
05-22-2007, 01:57 AM
That's a seriously low tension....
I would have imagined that Hewitt would string his racquets a bit tighter than that....
How can he have any control with such a low tension?

Don't forget both federer and hewitt play with a very small headed frame, so control they have, if you want superb feel, then string low...

Michael Ludwig
05-22-2007, 05:40 AM
You all need to keep in mind that their stringjobs are fresh, meaning they probably have their racquet strung, play with it, and have it cut out in less time than it takes many of you to go pick up your freshly strung racquet from the local pro shop. A 50lb stringjob on mid size frame, prestretched, strung on a constant pull machine just hours before play is much tighter than you imagine.

ericsson
05-22-2007, 06:42 AM
You all need to keep in mind that their stringjobs are fresh, meaning they probably have their racquet strung, play with it, and have it cut out in less time than it takes many of you to go pick up your freshly strung racquet from the local pro shop. A 50lb stringjob on mid size frame, prestretched, strung on a constant pull machine just hours before play is much tighter than you imagine.

i fully agree!

BluDiamond
05-24-2007, 05:28 AM
is it really??? 55lbs on an APD seemed very very loose to be...strung in Big Banger btw

tennis_eel
05-25-2007, 06:35 PM
I always thought Hewitt had a relatively high tension with big banger and gut mains and crosses.
He plays with a small frame but so did Sampras and he used to get his racquets strung at like 90lbs or there arounds...

PrestigeClassic
05-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I always thought Hewitt had a relatively high tension with big banger and gut mains and crosses.
He plays with a small frame but so did Sampras and he used to get his racquets strung at like 90lbs or there arounds...

A lost Tennis mag writer..