PDA

View Full Version : Justine Hennin's CURRENT set-up ?!?!

D. Nelson
05-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I was wondering if anybody has her current/clay-court racquet set-up ?? I know she plays with the European HH 5.2 w/PowerHoles...and I've read some other stuff about her past setup configs...but I'm wondering about now; going in to the French... Also, I'd like to know anybody ELSE'S history/review/set-ups with the 5.2 --- I just got one today (had hit with one a few times in the past..), and my initial impressions (from hitting on 'The Wall' were very positive. I'm might add a little lead at 3/9 and butt area.... The racquet came to me with a hybrid of Pro Hurricane/Gamma Synth. Strung a little over midrange, and that combo feels great as well!! Thanks...in advance !!! :)

jman
05-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey, i too, recently bought two of these babies. Mine came setup with 'Wilson Extreme Syn gut strings' strung at mid-range. Let me just say, this racquet can do it all..... and then some!!
I've customized both though recently, because i found the racquet to be a little on the light side. On one I place 10g lead tape in the handle. This setup is great for serve and volleying, can really stick pace on the ball.
On the other i wanted to keep the balance the same as stock but with a little more weight, so i placed 5g lead tape in the handle and 5g at the 6 o'clock position. This setup also felt good, more so for groundies. I'll have to play with the two a little more to distinguish which is the better setup though.

Once that's all figured out, i want to try some gut strings on one and hybrid of ALU Powerand gut on the other.

crazylevity
05-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Henin uses natural gut, strung around mid-range. Very likely a bit lower for clay. Exact figures escape me, but I think jura or someone else posted them before.

ericsson
05-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Henin use her old hyper hammer 5.3 stretch for a long time now, always used Maillot Savarez First Gold natural gut and always uses the same tension 6O lbs or 27 kilo. So you can say she doesnt like to experience...

jura
05-20-2007, 08:06 AM
She NEVER maks any experiments. She even never changs the tension. She wants the same racket at every condition and "adjusts" herself due to the conditions. I asked her one time why she uses this horrible string and she said: "Every stringer hates it, but I use it snce more than ten years and fee well with it". I asked if she ever tried something else and she answered: "No - and I don't want to!"

Batoussai
05-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Doesn't she have a really low tension?

xshilinx
05-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Why is the string horrible?

I have never used it before, but just want to know. =P

Henin is a very superstitious player, who will avoid walking on the lines between courts. Not surprised if she sticks to a set up for like .. years. =D

jura
05-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Why is the string horrible?

It's horrible to string - natural gut in 1,40 mm and in my eyes the quality of the gut is very poor.

ericsson
05-20-2007, 10:35 AM
It's horrible to string - natural gut in 1,40 mm and in my eyes the quality of the gut is very poor.

yea i know but who are we to judge if you look how she plays with it, question is would she really play better with a different set up and racket...

xshilinx
05-20-2007, 06:19 PM
She can always try.

Then it boils down to the same issue again, that she don't want to try/experiment.

=D

jura
05-20-2007, 06:53 PM
yea i know but who are we to judge if you look how she plays with it, question is would she really play better with a different set up and racket...
Probably not - but it would be a favour to all the stringers;)

jackcrawford
05-22-2007, 05:02 AM
Probably not - but it would be a favour to all the stringers;)
It's THE MAIN reason she's #1 - obviously the best string for all, including beginners. Just like the male # 1's choice of frame is what makes him the best and that all should copy;)

Rabbit
05-22-2007, 07:31 AM
^Finally, the voice of reason.

ChipNCharge
05-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Isn't her frame relatively light (by pro standards)?

jura
05-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Isn't her frame relatively light (by pro standards)?
About 290 gr. unstrung, but 354 mm balance.
27.5 inches long and RA 73