PDA

View Full Version : backhand help plzz

Teh_pwnerer
05-19-2007, 10:18 PM
ok first ill show off a bit, today you should have seen me my forehand was exactly as nadals, so strong spinny and i used the exact same motion, the people watching th ematch started calling me "rafita" after a while (curious i was wearing the roland garros 06 shirt) dammit im so proud of my FH and serve, but my backhand was weak, i was hitting it with waaay to much spin or lobing them, it use dto be better than my forehand last week i dont know what is wrong can you guys give me some advice?

Thx

Duzza
05-19-2007, 10:39 PM
What NRTP are you? I'm sorry but I just hate it when people say things like "my forehand is so strong" when they are below 4.5.

Teh_pwnerer
05-19-2007, 10:50 PM
i was just telling that my forehand was kicking arse today, it was my weapon thats all.

i dont know, for what i know the NTRP or w/e is not to rate strokes is for the number of matches u win or sumtin like that, but when i posted a video long ago (like a year or so) people rated me 4.5*5 and i didint have the footwork and forehand i have today, i just asked for some help with my backhand and to tell everyone that thanks to their help i player awesome today

Duzza
05-19-2007, 11:09 PM
You posted a video a year ago here? You've only been here since Jan....:confused:

Teh_pwnerer
05-19-2007, 11:34 PM
with other account hehe

Duzza
05-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Which account? You still got the video link?

Teh_pwnerer
05-19-2007, 11:37 PM
nope i uploaded it to a friends account and he removed it (b1tch)

Teh_pwnerer
05-19-2007, 11:38 PM
anyways oculd you plz help me fix my backhand? i want to hit a ball with good pace that lands around service line

Duzza
05-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Well 2 hander or 1 hander? If 2 hander, you just got to remember to finish through on every stroke, and hit through the ball, not spinning over it. Start your angle of hitting the ball at about 30 degrees lower than the ball, and just swing through everytime. Also remember your footwork is important, try to (what helped me today) watch the ball a lot more, and visualise hitting it just in front of you on every shot.

Teh_pwnerer
05-20-2007, 08:03 AM
thx for the advice

Matt_MS
05-20-2007, 08:38 AM
If you were a 4.5 you'd definitly have at least a decent backhand by now...

jasoncho92
05-20-2007, 08:40 AM
If you still have problems with a basic stroke like the backhand i dont think you can be rated as 4.5-5

Mountain Ghost
05-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Anytime one side is better, and then it gets worse when the other side gets better, I tend to suspect there is “favoritism” being given to the current better side . . . usually in the way of footwork, body rotation, racquet preparation, balance and/or positioning.

I would advise paying close attention to your backhand and notice if your anticipation and excitement over your forehand is creating a technical imbalance. If you’re not so aware of the technical aspects of your backhand, then go back to basics. With your shoulders up and level, do some left-side/right-side footwork, balance and body coil exercises to bring yourself back to “center”.

MG

Teh_pwnerer
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
omg i dont care about rating so dont think that im talking cr@p, im here just to ask for some advice i dont give a dam about NTRP or whatever i care about my game not numbers (xcept the score)

Really good advice MG thank you ill do that tomorrow, i think it was because i was leaning backwards when hitting the BH.

Anyways thanks

PS plz forget the NTRP thing people here said 4.5 and with footwork 5, thats what they said not me i dont care if im a 2 or a 3 i just want to improve and im here asking for tips

shindemac
05-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Why can't u upload your vid again? It's hard to diagnose and fix your bh. Might as well just do a search or get some cut and paste advice.

Other than that, I found the problem with my bh and fixed it. Now, I just need to practice and work on it. Now my bh has the potential to be just as good as my forehand. Whereas before, it was impossible due to the flaws.

chrisdaniel
05-22-2007, 12:27 AM
actually it is possible to be a 4.5 and have some problems with a stroke....Remember Kournikovas Second Serve,it blew, she was a 7.0 proffesional. It happens..Infact, Im a 4.5 player,Ive played 5.0 before as well, and Im having a crappy time with my Forehand latley. Makes me want to throw my laptop through window just thinking about my forehand of late, It happens....

Now about the backhand, my great stroke, can we trade strokes, I want to hit like Nadal. haha. Anyways, I wouldn't knock topspin on your backhand,but the great thing about a great stroke is versatility. You need to have a stroke thats simple, compact, and can put any kind of spin and power. But due to the fact that Ive always since the age of 6, had a good solid backhand, I dont really know what I do, I just do it(wow that sounds cocky). I'll let an expert here tell you,and Im not being sarcastic, there are experts here. Until then, train on sprint drills, jump rope,take your vitamins : / , and get great at running around that backhand,hey Nadal would probley win all his matches vs all of us even if he ran around all his backhands.

Im sure your backhand will get better, just keep it simple.

smoothtennis
05-22-2007, 01:12 PM
and hit through the ball, not spinning over it. Start your angle of hitting the ball at about 30 degrees lower than the ball, and just swing through everytime.

Exactly what I was going to say. It sounds like you are 'fanning' over the ball, which is admirable, but takes *perfect* timing. Keep your racket face in line with the balls linear pathway as long as possible by doing the above.