PDA

View Full Version : @_@ I am so frustrated with the clay season...

chrisak47
05-20-2007, 06:07 AM
-_- I can't take it anymore. I hate clay. The green stuff is really getting on my NERVES...I played my quarterfinal match in a tournament today and lost 1-6 2-6.

I couldn't slide on the stuff and when I did, it was sloppy and I was off balance the whole time. I know I could have beaten this guy...All I had to do was keep the ball high to his one handed backhand! Overall, he just kept running around that backhand with awesome footwork and he took charge. :(

My movement was awful...I couldn't get a grip on the court and I was 2-3 steps behind my normal footspeed. Basically I found myself using slice off both sides A LOT more than I usually would.

Don't really know what is up with the court today. Must be because it was more humid/damp/moist outside. I was actually doing fine up until this round. My sliding was perfect and I slid into my shots.

@_@, This is my 3rd clay tournament and my 3 tournament I played overall. Won my first 2 tournaments. :( What a waste of $45!

Brian_C
05-20-2007, 06:10 AM
yea i feel ur pain im no good on clay either =(

Pro Staff Pete
05-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Do you pay 15,- entrance fee? That's alot!

103xStateChamp
05-20-2007, 06:35 AM
I hate clay and have to drive a **** load out of my wway to practice on it but it will be worth it one day

zapvor
05-20-2007, 05:47 PM
just use it as a learning lesson. next time, you will know what to improve on. and it sounds like you just had an off day.