PDA

View Full Version : I need some shoe advice, ASAP

LarougeNY
05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
My Vapor III's have been causing some cutting/blisters on my feet and my mom has been after me to get a new pair of shoes. Before the Vapor 3s I had the original Babolat all courts (red and black) and I never had any problems with it, so my mom wants me to go back to babolat.
My question is which shoes are better for me now, I have wide feet (but narrow shoes don't bother me), wear orthodics, and am looking for medium weight comfort/performance shoes. Money isn't an object (in this case!)
I really don't like the durability on the Vapor 3s, and I don't think they have much comfort, plus they cut the side of my left foot b/c of the sharp plastic design on the backish sides of the shoes.

I play with one pair on all surfaces (here in NY that means clay and Hard) and like durability on all parts of the shoes, hate ripping them.

My Question is: Should I get the Babolat All court IIIs (new ones), the Propulse (blue), or give Nike another chance and try the Vapor IVs.

I heard a lot of good feedback about the Vapor IVs, especially from you review and for some reason thats what I'm leaning towards.
I've heard good things about the Propulse too, and I've never had any problems with babolat (love the durability!)
And I know the allcourts were good, so I expect the new version to be just as good if not better.

So what are your opinions of the Vapor IVs, Propulse, and the new Allcourts in comparison to the Vapor IIIs. And, which pair should I get?

LarougeNY
05-20-2007, 07:51 PM
um...any comments on the propulse, vapor IVs, or allcourts?

califsurferboy33
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
hey larougeNY,

Ok, this post is actually relevant to me and thanks for posting it lol. i actually wore the babolat original Babolat all courts right before my current air zoom vapor 3's. My feet have no problem with the air zoom's but whatever. i would deffinitly suggest going back to the babolat original babolat all courts. all of my friends that got the vapor 4's had worn them out within 3 weeks and all my friends that got the nike breath cages wore them out in 2 weeks (toe guard in 4 days). I've heard the all court 3's aren't different at all to the originals, and you might as well save 10 bucks. STAY WITH BABOLAT!!! plus the babolat shoes are good for all surfaces. one of my friends got the propulse shoes, he liked them alot, but wore them out in 2 months. if you want the best durability go for the original all courts. if you want the same thing but 10 bucks more go for the all court 3's, and if you want the ultimate style go for the propulses which are the most expensive. thats my 2 cents.

lilxjohnyy
05-20-2007, 09:40 PM
i like the all court ... only reason dont like them is cuz it hurts my pinkie toe....

LarougeNY
05-20-2007, 10:23 PM
hey larougeNY,

Ok, this post is actually relevant to me and thanks for posting it lol. i actually wore the babolat original Babolat all courts right before my current air zoom vapor 3's. My feet have no problem with the air zoom's but whatever. i would deffinitly suggest going back to the babolat original babolat all courts. all of my friends that got the vapor 4's had worn them out within 3 weeks and all my friends that got the nike breath cages wore them out in 2 weeks (toe guard in 4 days). I've heard the all court 3's aren't different at all to the originals, and you might as well save 10 bucks. STAY WITH BABOLAT!!! plus the babolat shoes are good for all surfaces. one of my friends got the propulse shoes, he liked them alot, but wore them out in 2 months. if you want the best durability go for the original all courts. if you want the same thing but 10 bucks more go for the all court 3's, and if you want the ultimate style go for the propulses which are the most expensive. thats my 2 cents.

Reallly? I heard the Propulse was even more durable than the allcourts, and the allcourt3s are supposed to be more comfortable (comfort was one of the weaknesses of the original allcourts imo).

lilxjohnyy
05-20-2007, 10:25 PM
i didnt think they were THAT comfortable