PDA

View Full Version : lookin for some good drills

Brian_C
05-22-2007, 04:21 AM
Hey I'm starting a job in a resort as a tennis pro and I'm going to be teacher kids between the ages of 10 - 12. My friend who got me the job tells me these kids are in a mixed group some good but some cant hit the side of a barn. Now What i need are a couple of drills that can keep the good kids interested and not discourage the more beginner kids from playing tennis. If any of you have such drills or can direct me to a place where i can find some it would be a great help.

thanks in advance
~~~~~ Brian C~~~~~~~~

Geezer Guy
05-22-2007, 05:00 AM
Congratulations on the new job. Have you ever taught kids before?

I'd suggest you definately put the experienced players and the beginners in different groups.

Brian_C
05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
yea that what im guessing but i got this job to help out a friend who has a program for underprivileged children who want to play. So the pay ain't that good and its kinda crowded. So its about 6 kids per pro so i don't get to choose to separate them. I mean i have drills for beginners and a different set for more advanced but one thats for both i don't seem to have...

Matt_MS
05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I was a counselor at 3 camps for underprivaledged tennis camps last summer, for kids about the same age. They just want to get out there and hit the ball. You can also have them do relays by putting the ball on the racket and going from the net to the baseline and back, and trying to get through the whole line.

Also, one teaching method I found that the kids really clung to was "dip the chicken." I asked if any of them liked chicken, and when all said yes, I said, well you gotta have some bbq sauce for it. Basically the drill encourages the kids to pull their racket back and hold the head low, like dipping their chicken in the bbq sauce behind them. They thought it was a riot.

10s talk
05-22-2007, 04:56 PM
I am a PTR pro / USTA clinician if want a long list send me a private message.

The key is to keep everyone busy and make it fun.

Brian_C
05-22-2007, 05:32 PM
i would love that list but i dont know how to send a private message lol

10s talk
05-22-2007, 06:35 PM
either do I

HELP someone

Brian_C
05-22-2007, 06:44 PM
you could email it to me my email is
jeetkundobc23@hotmail.com

zapvor
05-22-2007, 08:59 PM
either do I

HELP someone

click on their username to the left. and click one 'view profile' then you can email them if the user set his settings to allow it. it will tell you yes or no. can you email me the list of drills too? mitidor@gmail

10s talk
05-23-2007, 06:00 PM
I got a PM saying they don't allow private messages here

:confused: