PDA

View Full Version : Forehand: Crash

Hardserve
05-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Are there any professional tennis players in here? They will understand.
I'll tell you what's going right.

Serve: Fortunately I have a good working relationship there, the ball is happy with my serve. On the backhand the ball is also happy and we work together well and hit beautiful lengths. What I mean by the "ball being happy", is that the ball is hitting nice and smooth with good lengths, no technical hitches or issues..

BUT.... There's one part of our relationship that is not working very well at the moment ever since my coach added a change to my forehand and he did that so I could hit my forehand with great lengths instead of coming up with short lengths against the players who hit up to 120 mph on their strokes.
But now since the change, the ball is giving off a totally different attitude, it is upset, otherwise if ball was happy I wouldn't feel that repelling horrible feeling coming from it, the ball is saying in its own way, it dosen't want to work with me anymore, it dosen't recognize me and thinks I'm a stranger because of the new change it dosen't like.

dave333
05-22-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm not a pro but on days like that, I play a little mini-tennis w/ full groundies except only focus only on watching the ball. then progress to the baseline.

Most relationship problems are w/ watching the ball unlessur changing technique.

Bagumbawalla
05-22-2007, 04:46 PM
1st of all, I am not a professional, player, but I know what you are saying.

You had a problem with your forehand and your coach is trying to improve your stroke.

You have 2 choices. Be "happy" with your old inefective forehand.

Or seriously work on improving your game.

Whenever you make a change to your technique, however slight, it always feels wrong at first-- because you are so used to the old, bad technique.

I suggest you practice the new swing in front of a large patio window to help you visualize the stroke.

Good luck,

B

Hardserve
05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Hmm..After inspecting my grip, I think what has happened is that over time, hitting with big hitters had gradually worn down the traction of the grip on my racquet and then my forehand began to suffer, losing power and length as a consequence of the grip slowly deteriorating from all the hammering.

So the coach changed the grip back again and now it feels all strange and weird and dosen't feel like my ordinary grip no more.

Tennis_Monk
05-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I am a Tennis Professional [Its true]
But i didnt understand why you really need a Pro to help you with.?

Hardserve
05-22-2007, 07:17 PM
ummm....I'm not sure whose a real professional player in here, for there are guys here who list themselves as professional who confess to me that they are not really professional players who tour on the circuit or playing in satellite tournaments but just local club or social recreational players, and now a guy who is listed under Rookie now tells me hes a real professional tennis player? Why are you listed under Rookie if your a real Professional ?

LOL.

I want to know what the pro's think of coaches who make sudden changes on them like that without much warning and take away one of their favourite weapons to upgrade it or make changes to improve it. I feel like I been suddenly thrown into the deep end. Am Temporary out of service at the moment." it kinna hits the confidence quite hard to find your strength is not working due to an upgrade.

Punisha
05-22-2007, 07:30 PM
im a professional 5.0 and i dont have a clue what your sayinng.... just go hits some balls it will be all good

HARDSERVE --> that ranking is just given by how many posts you have... the more the better you are in that ranking thing...

Punisha
05-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I want to know what the pro's think of coaches who make sudden changes on them like that without much warning and take away one of their favourite weapons to upgrade it or make changes to improve it. I feel like I been suddenly thrown into the deep end. Am Temporary out of service at the moment." it kinna hits the confidence quite hard to find your strength is not working due to an upgrade.

Im doin this at the moment... have changed grips on backhand topspin and slice... >< no confidence in either shot...

Hardserve
05-23-2007, 12:13 AM
How long will it take for you to get your weapon back online again after the grip change?

2 weeks
a month?

I guess I have to be real paitent and wait until the forehand gets finally gets all back on track again, for at the moment it feels like I'm derailing off the track with only one wheel on it....