PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Yonex SHT-304 Silvers!

Ripper
05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
1st impression was: "wow, these shoes look great!". 2nd was: "these shoes are light!". And 3rd was: "why do these shoes have so much room in the front area?". Seriously, why all that room in that area? It's like more than necessary. Anyway, to those curious for more info about the same, I'll be posting my impressions, when I play with them, some time next week.

Bad Dog
05-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Congratulations on your shrewd purchase. I have them in white, and I also think 304’s are great. No break-in required.

Many people need the room; and these shoes readily accept orthotics. If you feel you won't benefit from any orthotics at all, in any shoes, then you’re very lucky. :)

As you get more court time in the 304’s, focus on the great cushioning, both heel and forefoot. You might even find that running, stopping, leaping and landing all generate less fatigue – even into the next morning when you wake up.

Then for your next tennis session, put on your previous, non-304 top name brand shoes and give them a similar stress test. The following morning you'll probably sorely miss the 304’s cushioning.

At least that's what I experienced. :) Please keep us posted.

chadilac
05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
sweet!! Tell me how you like them.

Ripper
05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
I have high angled and wide feet. So, I appreciate all the extra space. However, the extra space in the finger area striked me as kind of wierd, for some reason. I can move them up and down a bit. Can't do that with Adidas and, much less, Nike shoes. Not saying this is a bad thing, though. Probably, I'll enjoy it and not want to go back, from what I've read... So, I'll be back with my review :)

AAAA
05-23-2007, 07:19 PM
However, the extra space in the finger area striked me as kind of wierd, for some reason. I can move them up and down a bit.

What finger area? Do the shoes not cradle your feet securely?

Serve 'em hard
05-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I have high angled and wide feet. So, I appreciate all the extra space. However, the extra space in the finger area striked me as kind of wierd, for some reason. I can move them up and down a bit.

What finger area? Do the shoes not cradle your feet securely?

I think those little digits attached to our feet are called "toes", but not sure.

zapvor
05-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Congratulations on your shrewd purchase. I have them in white, and I also think 304’s are great. No break-in required.

Many people need the room; and these shoes readily accept orthotics. If you feel you won't benefit from any orthotics at all, in any shoes, then you’re very lucky. :)

As you get more court time in the 304’s, focus on the great cushioning, both heel and forefoot. You might even find that running, stopping, leaping and landing all generate less fatigue – even into the next morning when you wake up.

Then for your next tennis session, put on your previous, non-304 top name brand shoes and give them a similar stress test. The following morning you'll probably sorely miss the 304’s cushioning.

At least that's what I experienced. :) Please keep us posted.

i totally didint notice your shoes. are they the ones Hewitt wears?

BigBUBBA
05-24-2007, 06:10 PM
i totally didint notice your shoes. are they the ones Hewitt wears?

Yep.they certainly are,

AAAA
05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
I think those little digits attached to our feet are called "toes", but not sure.

Oh! For next time 'There was room to wiggle my toes'

That I understand.

;-)

Ripper
05-24-2007, 07:04 PM
For the millionth time, English is not my native language. In Spanish (which, btw, is my native language), you have "dedos de las manos" and you have "dedos de los pies".

Edit: ;)

AAAA
05-24-2007, 07:23 PM
For the millionth time, English is not my native language. In Spanish (which, btw, is my native language), you have "dedos de las manos" and you have "dedos de los pies".

Edit: ;)

I didn't know that.

Serve 'em hard
05-24-2007, 08:19 PM
For the millionth time, English is not my native language.

First I've heard of it.

Bad Dog
05-25-2007, 04:56 AM
For the millionth time, English is not my native language. In Spanish (which, btw, is my native language),

So this probably means that in your native language you’re known as Seniõr Ripper, or El Ripper? :)

Ripper
05-25-2007, 07:44 AM
So this probably means that in your native language you’re known as Seniõr Ripper, or El Ripper? :)

Something like that :)

You would be "Perro Malo" :p

Bad Dog
05-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Thank you – that sounds even better in Spanish!

CivicLx
05-25-2007, 07:56 PM
i would be poopo chulo :)

it might say in you're profile thing but i am American and too lazy to look j/k:D where are you from el ripper gonzales?

zapvor
05-25-2007, 09:27 PM

oooo, what about me?

Bad Dog
05-26-2007, 08:34 AM
oooo, what about me?

Zapvor,

In Spanish, your name would probably be Zapovorro, abbreviated as Zorro. :) can you see yourself riding horses and enjoying a good swordfight? That explains it. And the women go crazy (loco). So it's time for you to study Spanish very seriously. Or at least acquire the accent.

Ripper
05-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Zapvor,

Zapvor? Hummm, closest sounding would be "sapo" or, maybe, "sapo al vapor".