PDA

View Full Version : High forehand and high backhand volley???

meticulous
05-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Who can explain in detail how to:
1.Hit a high forehand 2.How to hit high backhand volley?
Thanks.

Telley1
05-23-2007, 05:55 PM
It depends on where you are on the court. Are you closing in on the net? Are you serve and volleying and just inside no mands land? Are you playing a "pusher" that is hitting lob balls are you are cutting it off in the middle of the court?

ps60
05-24-2007, 09:31 AM
if it is lower than an overhead, then raise your racket higher than the contact point and bring it down powerfully at contact. If it is higher than that, hit an overhead. On FH, jump like Sampras did. On BH, U may need to turn 180, as does greatly by Federer

fuzz nation
05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Even if you don't hit a two-hand backhand, use your off hand (left hand for a right handed hitter) to help get the racquet to the ball on a high backhand volley. If I can get a quick step back on a ball that's high on my bh side, I'll use both hands to "whup" the racquet over the top and give the ball more of a strong smack than a block volley. It doesn't take incredible skill to learn that shot and it's certainly stronger than a one handed reach with the weaker half of your wrist.

Bagumbawalla
05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Really, the technique is the same as hitting a low, or any other elevation, volley. The main thing is you have to CONCENTRATE on hitting firmly and to a specific location. Through lack of concentration, I see many people hit an easy (should be a put-away) volley right into the net or off into the fence.

Good luck,

B

Drona
05-25-2007, 03:25 AM
If you go to tennis dot com and look up tips of the week, they focus on the high backhand volley. In short, what helped me was the suggestion if you can't see the strings you've taken the racquet too far back. Keep in front and step into it!