PDA

View Full Version : help! My shoes won't last

raiden031
05-25-2007, 03:47 AM
I need some help buying some shoes. I have went through about 5 pairs of shoes in the past 6 months because they keep getting a big tear near my big toe, sometimes on one side and sometimes on both. The tearing usually happens after 2-3 weeks, but I stick with the shoes for another few weeks until my toe starts hanging out. Its so annoying. Any ideas on good quality shoes that can endure tennis?

Thud and blunder
05-25-2007, 07:49 AM
It would help if you tell us what you've tried.

If you're ripping up Barricades, then I think there are deeper issues that need addressing :-)

Milano
05-25-2007, 07:53 AM
I had the same thing (didnt run through 5 pairs, but still). Got the Reebok Upsets yesterday and you might want to try those. I drag the inside of my foot (close the to big to and got the upsets because they have a huge piece of rubber right there to protect from it. getting torn up. Also a 6 month durability guarantee.

Nuke
05-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Raiden, you sound like a good candidate for Shoe Goo. See http://www.eclecticproducts.com/shoegoo.htm. On your next pair of shoes, don't wait until you wear through the toe, but apply some Goo on the spot BEFORE it wears out. Keep applying more as needed, and you'll never wear through to the shoe's rubber -- you'll just be wearing through layers of Shoe Goo. There's a similar product, Kiwi Shoe & Boot Repair -- same stuff, really. Find them at Sports Authority, Wal*Mart, Walgreen's, or shoe repair places.

HyperHorse
05-25-2007, 08:14 AM
It sounds like you are wearing the wrong shoes.
After being here a few months and posting 1000+ times I'd imagine you'd have enough sense to give more info.

AAAA
05-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Some of the Kswiss shoes have 'duraplugs' in the toe area for increased durability.

Dink
05-25-2007, 12:44 PM
How do you serve? Do you drag your toe (a la Edberg:grin: )?

I wore out several shoes by dragging my toe, so I eventually changed my serving style.

CivicLx
05-25-2007, 08:01 PM
just make sure you're buying shoes with the 6 month warranty

how often are you playing?

zapvor
05-25-2007, 09:19 PM
my coach has the same problem. hes unbelievable. i say....stick some superglue on there

x Southpaw x
05-25-2007, 09:22 PM
It would help if you tell us what you've tried.

If you're ripping up Barricades, then I think there are deeper issues that need addressing :-)

I'm ripping barricades...

same thing, as op... except mine is always on the right shoe, I'm a lefty. I don't drag my feet on the serve. Only time I drag is when I'm sprinting for a retrieve and I brake in a semi-split.

zapvor
05-25-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm ripping barricades...

same thing, as op... except mine is always on the right shoe, I'm a lefty. I don't drag my feet on the serve. Only time I drag is when I'm sprinting for a retrieve and I brake in a semi-split.

are you sure you are not slicing chunks off and eating them because you think eating tennis shoes will make you better?

BreakPoint
05-25-2007, 10:42 PM
just make sure you're buying shoes with the 6 month warranty
But those outsole warranties wouldn't help in this case, I don't think, since he's not wearing out the outsoles but ripping through the uppers.

raiden031
05-30-2007, 08:49 PM
To answer some of your questions, I typically buy some of the cheaper shoes I can find, typically New Balance or Adidas in the price range of $40-50. I would spend more but I don't know if more expensive means better quality or if it just means newer product. I don't know if its my serve or my entire game, but I know that I spend alot of time on my toes. Its usually just my left shoe that has the problem (I'm right handed).

Solat
05-30-2007, 09:03 PM
its an obvious q but do you buy the shoes which have the extra layers around the inner toe? coz if you are still ripping those then i got nothing

i have NB CT780 and they have a built up toe
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSNB-M780NVD.html
$50 on special

nn
05-30-2007, 09:49 PM
no you can't do this..I am trying hard to wear out or say distroy my SHT 303 which I am using for 18months without much wear. I am wearing them everywhere I go man I need some tips to wear out shoes in 2-3 months time... also have Nike BII and RBK Netmaster but using SHT 303 more

BreakPoint
05-31-2007, 12:14 AM
...man I need some tips to wear out shoes in 2-3 months time...
I don't think this has ever been said about any other types of products. Like, man, I need to wear out my shirts, bag, VCR, microwave, socks, underwear, TV, light bulbs, toner cartridge, sunglasses, plumbing, roof, pens, strings, tennis balls, etc. faster! ;) LOL

zapvor
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM
no you can't do this..I am trying hard to wear out or say distroy my SHT 303 which I am using for 18months without much wear. I am wearing them everywhere I go man I need some tips to wear out shoes in 2-3 months time... also have Nike BII and RBK Netmaster but using SHT 303 more

someone told me he took his shoes to the sidewalk and scraped them until the sole was worn down. haha

iplaybetter
05-31-2007, 04:49 PM
dont these have a 7 month full shoe warranty
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSFILA-FMT2WB.html

nn
05-31-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't think this has ever been said about any other types of products. Like, man, I need to wear out my shirts, bag, VCR, microwave, socks, underwear, TV, light bulbs, toner cartridge, sunglasses, plumbing, roof, pens, strings, tennis balls, etc. faster! ;) LOL

BP it was a joke...take it easy..

BreakPoint
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
BP it was a joke...take it easy..
So was my response, nn. Note the " ;) " and the "LOL" at the end of my post and the " :mrgreen: " at the top of my post.