PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Live Wire vs. TNT

Tennis Guy
09-24-2004, 02:14 PM
I was wondering how Gamma's Live Wires compare to their TNT. I am currently using Gamma Live Wire XP, but hear that alot of people like TNT. Could someone compare them and give their opinion on what is better. (More gut-like.)

lemons
09-25-2004, 06:16 PM
My vote goes with Live Wire. I used to use TNT before I moved to Live Wire, and Live Wire is much softer and gut-like.

ragnaROK
09-25-2004, 06:30 PM
I personally like both of them. If you're looking for something more gut like, pick Live Wire, it has better playability than TNT. My personal opinion on it is if it's that expensive why not shell out a few more bucks and buy the real thing?

Marc C.
09-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Live wire frays and turns into hundreds of filaments on the sweetspot of my racket within 3 hours, but it feels great while it lasts.

mistapooh
09-27-2004, 08:36 PM
the live wire felt too soft, i prefer the tnt.

Gaines Hillix
09-28-2004, 04:10 PM
These strings are quite different. TNT is more like a basic syn gut, i.e. solid core with a couple of wraps and a coating. Live Wire XP has a complex make up, multifilaments and other layers meant to make it play softer. It actually lasts pretty well for a multi. Don't worry about the fraying.

rooski
09-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Live wire frays and turns into hundreds of filaments on the sweetspot of my racket within 3 hours, but it feels great while it lasts.

Same here. If I get 4 hours total with the Live Wire XP I'm lucky. Intermediates hitting a flatter ball would probably have no problem with the durability but hard hitting topspin players will pretty much have to own a stringing machine AND have several backup rackets.

IMO...Live Wire XP really is the closest you can get to gut feel wise but gut last 2-3 times as long. Go figure.

Tennis Guy
09-30-2004, 01:36 PM
How do they compare to NRG and X-One?

pure luck
10-01-2004, 08:02 AM
live wire is one of e best strings i tried
if u really like gut feel, try live wire pro