PDA

View Full Version : mcenroes shoes

nanni
05-25-2007, 07:32 PM
mac used to wear the white,grey and black cross trainers which looked nice,but surely not that comfortable compared to todays shoes,but after he retired i have seen some snaps of the senior tour where he wears a white,grey and black shoes which looks nice.can anyone post snaps of both these shoes and tell me more about the shoe he wore in the seniors tour?thanks.

nBladed
05-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I am still looking for the old MAC attack shoes. If you are referring to the same ones. There were two colorways (this is before the AIR revolution). One was all white, blue swoosh and a slight red trim. I think he wore these on Super Saturday at the US Open 84'? The other colorway was all black and grey. This shoe was a 3/4 cut and was mesh/leather.

I wore 'em in high school and have been looking for them ever since.

killer
05-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Perhaps if you posted some pics of Mac's shoes we'd be able to help you out. As far as the 'old' shoes you're talking about, they're the Nike Air Cross Trainers, and were also worn by Mats Wilander and Andre Agassi for a time.

netman42
05-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Here are some photos of Mac, Sampras and Cash at the Champions Tour Boston recently
http://www.aceeventphoto.com/champs-sat/

audioaffliction
05-27-2007, 06:23 PM
I am still looking for the old MAC attack shoes. If you are referring to the same ones. There were two colorways (this is before the AIR revolution). One was all white, blue swoosh and a slight red trim. I think he wore these on Super Saturday at the US Open 84'? The other colorway was all black and grey. This shoe was a 3/4 cut and was mesh/leather.

I wore 'em in high school and have been looking for them ever since.

The Mac Attack is the 3/4 cut in the black and grey colorway. McEnroe wore these in the 85 US Open final when he lost to Lendl. The other shoe--white with blue swoosh and red trim--is a different model, which I believe was the Challenge Court. He wore those in the 84 French Open Final (just confirmed this by watching it on the tennis channel the other night.) Good luck finding the Mac Attack--I've been looking for those for years as well!

nanni
05-27-2007, 08:09 PM
thanks for the inputs.i remember the grey and black ones he wore when he lost to lendl.his t shirt was,in my mind,one of nikes best designs,with the blue black racing flag.
the white blue and red 3/4 shoe was a mesh and leather upper.
not good at posting snaps,but if you guys can post snaps,i would like it.thanks .

niktub
07-15-2007, 10:11 AM
they were special air zoom trainer 1 not available on the market but only for johnny mac.

herosol
07-15-2007, 10:13 AM
looked like cages at first glance

niktub
07-15-2007, 10:16 AM
not those john used in boston.
some shoes looking very similar to the air trainer 1 and almost like the air zoom trainer 1...