PDA

View Full Version : Hand position on the Grip

HLM2
05-26-2007, 01:36 PM
What is the recommended grip position (for any grip like Continental, eastern sw) of the hand in reference to the length of the handle. So, should your hand be all the way at the bottom of the handle, with your pinky at the very bottom edge? In this position, the end of the handle is somewhere in the middle of your palm.
Or, should your hand be scooted up so your whole hand is on the handle, above the swell at the bottom? I see many people volley like this, do you use it for everything else as well?

andymac1
05-26-2007, 02:09 PM
My pinky goes over the edge of my racket for forehands, but when I volley/serve I choke up on my handle more so I have more control.

HLM2
05-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Yea on volleys it seems to work better. Now is it common to do this on the serve? Do many pros do this?

Bodacious DVT
05-26-2007, 06:38 PM
my pinky hands off on forehands, volleys, and serves.

Jyles
05-26-2007, 08:50 PM
hmm, i have a lot of problem with my griping to, makes it hard for me to keep the ball in, (hitting the edge of the tennis racket sometime x_X..). although i tend now to switch from the mid grip to the edge depending what Im doing :!, cant really say its just automatic lol, btw whats a good proper grip aswell?