PDA

View Full Version : Paulo Cane?

!Tym
05-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi, I recently checked the seniors results as I periodically do to check on my boy...Paulo Cane (just kidding, actually, the Sergio one)!

Question, who the heck is Paulo Cane? Never heard of him, yet he put up some decent scores in a recent Black Rock Tour of Champions tournament.

Who is he and what has he done? I mean Renzo Furlan I can understand getting the occasional wild card (well, not really), but Cane? I know most of the journeyman players of the 90s but never heard of him or seen his name, so I assume he's an 80s journeyman player. I mean this is kind of ridiculous...what's next, letting Ronald Agenor in as a golden oldie?

It's just not right.

Moose Malloy
05-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Cane played the senior event in Rome, which is understandable considering he's Italian. I doubt he'll be invited to any other events.

I think he was just as good as Furlan, I remember him taking Lendl to 5 sets at Wimbledon in '87 or '88.

sandy mayer
05-26-2007, 04:35 PM
I saw that match where Cane took Lendl to 5 sets. I think it was Wimbledon 87.

Cane had great shotmaking ability and flair. I suppose what separates a player like Lendl from Cane is an edge in mental toughness. I'd be interested in finding out more about Cane from the ATP website.

Kirko
05-26-2007, 04:39 PM
I saw that match where Cane took Lendl to 5 sets. I think it was Wimbledon 87.

Cane had great shotmaking ability and flair. I suppose what separates a player like Lendl from Cane is an edge in mental toughness. I'd be interested in finding out more about Cane from the ATP website.

I saw that also; Cane used a Dunlop 200G.