PDA

View Full Version : Breathe II vs. Breathe Cage--not the same!

kumat63
05-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Obviously there have been lots of threads on this. As a long-time Breathe II wearer (and wore the Breathe 3 also, but didn't like it as well) I liked the look of the Breathe Cage--it certainly looks like the same shoe, but--it isnt'!

I have a narrow foot (especially in the heel) with a low arch. The Breathe II fits me perfectly--a roomy toe box that never pinches and a very snug heel that never slides.

The Breathe Cage has a narrower toe box than the Breathe II--my little toe was continually rubbing the edge of the Cage toe box, and yet the heel was wider so that it was slipping a bit. I will say the Cage was easier to get into, but the tight toe box and loose heel were not to my liking at all.

I hope Nike continues the Breathe II! And since that is one of their best shoes and most popular ever, maybe the next Breathe shoe could be made on that exact last ;)

Ripper
05-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Obviously there have been lots of threads on this. As a long-time Breathe II wearer (and wore the Breathe 3 also, but didn't like it as well) I liked the look of the Breathe Cage--it certainly looks like the same shoe, but--it isnt'!

I have a narrow foot (especially in the heel) with a low arch. The Breathe II fits me perfectly--a roomy toe box that never pinches and a very snug heel that never slides.

The Breathe Cage has a narrower toe box than the Breathe II--my little toe was continually rubbing the edge of the Cage toe box, and yet the heel was wider so that it was slipping a bit. I will say the Cage was easier to get into, but the tight toe box and loose heel were not to my liking at all.

I hope Nike continues the Breathe II! And since that is one of their best shoes and most popular ever, maybe the next Breathe shoe could be made on that exact last ;)

Yeah, it happens with everything. You find something you like and the never ending need of the industry to offer us new crap makes them discontinue it. My suggestion is buy a life supply of your favourite shoe.

Chicane
05-28-2007, 12:13 AM
http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/big/NAMBFW-big.jpg

yep--BF2's are my fav. shoes as well. I have been wearing these all white BF2's for more than two years now. I buy 3 pairs of them at once and rotate them. I am glad that Nike keeps on making them because they are they are the best shoes on the market (for me at least).

BreakPoint
05-28-2007, 09:12 AM
yep--BF2's are my fav. shoes as well. I have been wearing these all white BF2's for more than two years now. I buy 3 pairs of them at once and rotate them. I am glad that Nike keeps on making them because they are they are the best shoes on the market (for me at least).
Yeah, I do the same thing. However, that means, unfortunately, I never use the 6-month warranties on any of my shoes because I can't wear out all 3 pairs within 6 months.

jonolau
05-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I do the same thing. However, that means, unfortunately, I never use the 6-month warranties on any of my shoes because I can't wear out all 3 pairs within 6 months.

Yes, agreed. One of the dangers of these too is that I've had the front air bubble come loose on a pair each of BFII and Breathe3. No return on the BFII. As for the Breathe3, it was one out of 3 pairs I had, and thankfully the Breathe3 was at the tail end of it's product life cycle, so Nike gave me a free Breathe Cage replacement.

Don't really like the Cage as it was tight as hell initially, and now my foot is swimming in the front. Mind you, I have broad feet and this isn't good news. The fit of the Cage reminds me more of the Vapor.

BreakPoint
05-28-2007, 02:20 PM
The fit of the Cage reminds me more of the Vapor.
Thanks for that tip as I find the BFII's to fit me better and are more comfortable than the Vapor line, and I also just bought 3 more pairs of BFII's at the store yesterday after seeing this thread about how the Cages don't fit the same as the BFII's. :D

In my mind, why fix something that isn't broken? ;)

jonolau
05-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks for that tip as I find the BFII's to fit me better and are more comfortable than the Vapor line, and I also just bought 3 more pairs of BFII's at the store yesterday after seeing this thread about how the Cages don't fit the same as the BFII's. :D

In my mind, why fix something that isn't broken? ;)

No worries. You're lucky to still be able to find BFIIs and congrats on the purchase!

BreakPoint
05-28-2007, 06:57 PM
No worries. You're lucky to still be able to find BFIIs and congrats on the purchase!
Well, if you can't find BFII's locally, there's always lots of them in many different colorways here on TW. And several colorways are on sale. :D

jonolau
05-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, if you can't find BFII's locally, there's always lots of them in many different colorways here on TW. And several colorways are on sale. :D

I've never been comfortable (pardon the pun) buying shoes off the net as there is no avenue for recourse lest something goes wrong. But thanks anyway for the tip.

BreakPoint
05-28-2007, 07:41 PM
I've never been comfortable (pardon the pun) buying shoes off the net as there is no avenue for recourse lest something goes wrong. But thanks anyway for the tip.
Yes, if you've never worn that particular shoe before, it would be very risky buying them without trying them on first because you don't know how they fit your particular feet and which size from that manufacturer and that model would fit your feet best. However, in this case if you've worn the BFII before, I assume you know that they fit your feet and you know which size fit you best so I would think that the risk is very low, right?

I often will try on a shoe in a store to see if they fit me and if I can't get a good price from the store, I'll buy them online, but of course, if I get a good price from the store I'll just buy them locally, like I did with the BFII's.

jonolau
05-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Yes, if you've never worn that particular shoe before, it would be very risky buying them without trying them on first because you don't know how they fit your particular feet and which size from that manufacturer and that model would fit your feet best. However, in this case if you've worn the BFII before, I assume you know that they fit your feet and you know which size fit you best so I would think that the risk is very low, right?

I often will try on a shoe in a store to see if they fit me and if I can't get a good price from the store, I'll buy them online, but of course, if I get a good price from the store I'll just buy them locally, like I did with the BFII's.

I owned them before, only problem is that I forgot what size I used to wear for them.

BreakPoint
05-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I owned them before, only problem is that I forgot what size I used to wear for them.

LOL. OK, I guess that would be a problem. ;)