PDA

View Full Version : Barricade IV...love them!

MikeCrowChip
05-26-2007, 06:02 PM
I switched from a pair of Babolat All Courts to the Barricades, and I can't get over how much better the Barricades are.

My babolats, a 1/2 size bigger because the right size simply didn't fit, gave me all types of problem. i.e. blisters, too much movement in the upper toe, and flex point was in the wrong place, i feel, as it pinched the side of my foot on every serve and lunge. BUT, I did love the durability. They lasted for over 8 months. I'm a toe dragger, and have dragged toes off of shoes, and my babolat looks brand new in the toe area.

...now, the barricades. I broke them in by wearing them for a couple of days around the house. But they fit like a glove, i love the way they felt when i strapped them in. I was able to get my correct shoe size, and the shoe flexed in the appropriate location. Running, stopping, jumping, etc felt nice.
I know on paper they are suppose to be heavy...but they didn't "feel" sluggish.

Now my favorite shoe. Not as well cushioned as my old Nikes, but the Nikes simply didn't last long enough; so not worth the money if you ask me.

BkK_b0y14
05-26-2007, 08:57 PM
another converter yes! join the barricade brothers

[K]aotic
05-26-2007, 09:20 PM
i want a pair of barricades so baddd... but i can't, mom won't let me... i'm 13 btw so thats y i have my mommy buy me things ^^

Voltron
05-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm 15 and I don't have to get "mommy to buy be things", I payed for my own barricades, or, at least the second pair.

dr_punk
05-26-2007, 09:45 PM
As far as the weight is concerned, I agree with you. I own a paid of barricade IIs and the weight isn't much of a factor. I did order though a new pair of asics gel resolutions and they are supposed to weigh extremely light; so i'll see exactly how much heavier the barricades were. But good shoes...

PrinceO3TourOS
05-26-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm a Barricade IV fan now, these are the best Tennis shoes ever created! ;) they have the best durability, stability and traction of all :D

oscar_2424
05-27-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm a Barricade IV fan now, these are the best Tennis shoes ever created! ;) they have the best durability, stability and traction of all :D

I second that.

onkystomper
05-27-2007, 05:28 AM
Hmmm, i had the black red ones and they were indeed awesome. After 8 months i wore them out and bought some blue/white and silver ones. They lasted 6 weeks and i had to return them. I hope the quality is not slipping.

Duzza
05-27-2007, 05:47 AM
They are just shoes.....tell me you think about your feet halfway through a match...

MikeCrowChip
05-27-2007, 06:26 AM
They are just shoes.....tell me you think about your feet halfway through a match...

...I do if:
my feet hurt
something is pinching my feet
i feel a sore point on the fore section of my foot

Duzza
05-28-2007, 05:04 AM
...I do if:
my feet hurt
something is pinching my feet
i feel a sore point on the fore section of my foot

Sorry Mike, I should have said exception of sore feet from shoes. What I mean is, if I bought say..some 50 dollar Fila's and some 120 Barricades, after a while on court, I wouldn't notice too much, just the looks of the shoe :)

PED
05-29-2007, 07:51 PM
I was in a SC outlet store last week and they had black barricade 4's for $49!!!

[K]aotic
05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
o hey! i look at shoes... u can tell a person by their shoes!

don't ask me how, u just can.

jgn1013
05-30-2007, 10:19 AM
I was in a SC outlet store last week and they had black barricade 4's for $49!!!

where in SC did you see these shoes and do u remmember the size?

PED
05-30-2007, 10:21 AM
send me an email at heddins@nc.rr.com and i'll give you all the details

Court_Jester
05-30-2007, 11:06 AM
where in SC did you see these shoes and do u remmember the size?
Maybe the one (or two) in Myrtle Beach?

srvnvly
05-30-2007, 11:47 AM
how do you like the weight of the Barricade 4s? They look cool, but at almost 18 oz, I can't make the switch until getting more information.