PDA

View Full Version : how long hybrid AluBB last?

nattawut
09-24-2004, 07:45 PM
I recent tried hybrid AluBB on main and prince synthetic with duraflex cross(16). Good combination of spin and power, I have been played for a month(40 hr plus). Lately, the feel is dead, feel more harsh on the serve. AluBB still look good but synthetic cross start have some fray. Just some fray but probably still long way before it break. Think of cutting it and restring. But I wonder may be the problem is me not the string. How is your experience with it?

pchoi04
09-24-2004, 08:38 PM
I was using BB alu power for a little bit and I thought it was a little hard on my arm and to lower the tension was to powerful. I guess it was an alright string although I think its over rated.

ibemadskillzz
09-25-2004, 02:14 PM
I hybrid BB alu main, and Babolat poly crosses. It felt like a board, like dead after 10-12 hours.
Cut them out

nattawut
09-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks for input.

nattawut
09-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Just a little update. I put a rubber band on it today. Just little experiment before cutting it out. The harshness got away. The power and spin still there but
my arm is much happier now. I am going to play with this string until it break.

tarheelbornjohn
09-29-2004, 05:31 AM
ALU can last a long time, but does change some after the first 9 sets or so, depending on how hard it is being used. I use two racquets. String one fresh and use it for about 15 sets, then string the second fresh and keep other as backup and play with the fresh for 15 sets the string the backup and play with fresh etc. I have only broken ALU one time and it had been played into the ground. If I was willing to pay the money I would use a new set of strings every time I played. While they play fine for me for 15 sets or so of singles, the first three are just out of this world. I love the smell of fresh ALU and fresh can of tennis balls in the morning.