PDA

View Full Version : silent partner original synthetic gut?

tonycheese
09-25-2004, 11:00 AM
i recently bought a silent partner stringing machine, and it hasn't actually arrived yet but should be coming with some "original sythetic" string (16G), i was wondering if any of you have tried this string before and what you think of it... thanks! :)
i originally planned on using it as just practice string on some not-so-good frames and then buying better string and ignoring this string, but if it works well...

http://sptennis.com/strings.asp#strings

Deuce
09-25-2004, 11:32 PM
It's a basic 16 gauge synthetic gut. Ain't much difference among most regular synthetic guts.

This one has one of the best names, though - 'Original Syn'...

Loud
09-27-2004, 08:52 PM
When I got my SP machine, I picked up a couple of reels of their "Ultimatum" string. The machine is long gone and the reels will soon be. Nothing special to report on their "premium" synthetic...I'd rather use the generic Gosen OG Sheep to tell you the truth.

I don't like how SP holds you to a $50 annual ransom to extend their warranty. Paying a premium for non premium string left a bad taste in my mouth.

tonycheese
09-28-2004, 01:16 PM
lol thanks both of you i guess i'll just stick to using it to on my not-so-good racquets. maybe i'll try it once on my racquet... well anyways thanks