PDA

View Full Version : Roddick using full poly set-up during French?

Hessam
05-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Just saw a close up of Roddick's broken string job on TV and it sure looked like a full Hurricane set-up... Polymono perhaps?

but it was definitely not his usual gut/poly set up....

westy
05-29-2007, 08:47 AM
wouldnt surprise, i remember reading here that safin also switches to full poly in clay court season. not sure though

Lindsay
05-29-2007, 10:29 AM
its still a hybrid. search getty for image #74351071 and its obvious.

TalkingTennis91
05-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Wow, you're right. That's like...painfully obvious. lol

Nice find on the pic ;)

thefan
05-29-2007, 05:43 PM
How would a full poly setup be more benficial on clay? more topspin?

samster
05-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Didn't help his match, did it?

Fedace
05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Just saw a close up of Roddick's broken string job on TV and it sure looked like a full Hurricane set-up... Polymono perhaps?

but it was definitely not his usual gut/poly set up....

Is he using all Pro Hurricane Tour now ?? You would think he could use some help from the Gut string that main can provide, Gut can give him some more feel and power during the heavy condition of Rolland Garros.

Lindsay
05-30-2007, 06:55 AM
check my previous post. its a hybrid!!! yellow mains, white crosses. why would it not be his usual setup? just because someone said he's using something different with NO proof?

armand
05-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Whatever he's using, get the hell away from it!

Toph
05-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Whatever he's using, get the hell away from it!
run away! the roddick strings are coming!

Hessam
05-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah it's a hybrid..... you're right...It must have been a close up of Andreev's racket that confused me....

He definitely uses a full poly set up... any know what he uses? polymono or BB original?

Azzurri
05-30-2007, 12:04 PM
best thing for Roddick is to cut Pete's arm off and use that. He is all show. He's a whiny baby and he has NO heart. That guy spanked him like a sissy girl. Connors should be ashamed.:mad:

armand
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
best thing for Roddick is to cut Pete's arm off and use that. He is all show. He's a whiny baby and he has NO heart. That guy spanked him like a sissy girl. Connors should be ashamed.:mad:I don't think Roddick lacks heart, just ability. Zing! Nah he's alright, nothing a little Argentinian cocktail couldn't fix. Zing again! Someone stop me; I'm alienating people left+right!

Azzurri
05-30-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't think Roddick lacks heart, just ability. Zing! Nah he's alright, nothing a little Argentinian cocktail couldn't fix. Zing again! Someone stop me; I'm alienating people left+right!

I seriously think he does. I look at an atheletes demenour when they are losing. I look at his facial expression and body posture. To me he has no heart. Of course he is good, but when you are in a situation that he was in and his demeanor was awful...he lost the match in the 2nd set.

He rarely shows heart when he is losing...that is where I look at a player and what they have inside. Guys like Pete, Edberg, Becker....CONNORS differ greatly from Roddick. Notice that I mention two "boring"guys and two "emotional" guys. You could be stoic like Edberg and still show heart. Andy pouts like a whiny little girl.