PDA

View Full Version : Cytomax Powder Engergy Mix drink question

thienedits
05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I bought the pink lemonade powdered mix. Sometimes I don't finish the whole drink. Is it safe to refrigerate and use later on? How long can you keep it in the refrigerator? Anyone get sick from leaving it in the fridge and drinking it a couple of days later?

Doc Hollidae
05-29-2007, 12:58 PM
It's a powder-based drink. The drink will be fine if you leave it out, freeze it, or microwave it.

NoBadMojo
05-29-2007, 01:52 PM
It's a powder-based drink. The drink will be fine if you leave it out, freeze it, or microwave it.

this isnt true...lots of those powder drinks tell you to refrigerate after mixing.

i think as long as you refrigerate the cytomax if you dont use it all, it would be ok for a few days in the fridge, but best to check the label or the cytomax website

thienedits
05-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I emailed cytomax and here's what the Cytomax customer service rep said in her email:

Per your question, we would suggest that you treat the Cytomax as you would treat any other food product. In saying that, we recommend keeping the product cool and in a sanitary container with a lid on top to help prevent any bacteria from growing in it.

Sup2Dresq
05-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Does it work. I've been thinking about using it.

I like the endurance package. Keeps the body from getting too sore and has an energy drink.

thienedits
05-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Yes I notice a slight difference when drinking cytomax vs gatorade. Its not going to give you superhuman strength but feels like i had more energy. The taste is not as good as gatorade but when you are sweating and thirsty on the courts, you don't notice it as much. Watch out for the Tangy Orange, Go Grape and Peachy Keen flavors as these have guarana(an herbal energy booster equivalent to 1/2 cup of coffee). Some may or may not like the caffeine boost.

NoBadMojo
05-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Does it work. I've been thinking about using it.

I like the endurance package. Keeps the body from getting too sore and has an energy drink.

i think it does work...it's the only one i've tried in which i can actually notice a difference...some people may be intolerant to it because of the dextrose (sp?) stuff in there as it can upset your stomach and they recommend you start drinking it when you are a few minutes into your workout..it's not loaded with all the sugars like gatorade so is a much better thing to drink i think.

lately i've been drinking coconut water occassionally (not the milk)...it's got everything in good amounts and is an all natural product..they actually used the stuff intravenously because it so well matches the body';s natural chemistry and it mixes well with vodka ;)

also been drinking Gookinaid as my main on court energy drink. you can drink it anytime, wont upset your stomach and it's very inexpensive. i can not notice any difference with it like i can the cytomax but think it is a good rehydrator. i just looked at the label which sez to refrigerate unused already mixed stuff in large letters

Sup2Dresq
05-30-2007, 01:10 PM
thanks NoBadMojo. I really appreciate that. Good to finally respond to a post of yours finally.

NoBadMojo
05-30-2007, 02:11 PM
thanks NoBadMojo. I really appreciate that. Good to finally respond to a post of yours finally.

sure thing..i did also notice the Cytomax helped a bit with soreness after and recovery...i think it's a really good product, but it would occassionally upset my stomach.

the stuff was introduced to me by a former pro cyclist who is currently an ATP/WTA Trainer who trained Ginepri when he made his big run a couple years ago, so the recomendation is a good one. he's been training Amer Delic these days

Voltron
05-30-2007, 02:27 PM
So we're talking about the sport energy drink, right? I read NBMJ's posts and I'll probably buy it, but do you recommend the pre workout or post workout products? Also, should I buy it through them, or should I look somewhere else?

Thanks,
Volt