PDA

View Full Version : Best lightweigh toe durable shoe?

bank5
05-29-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm looking for a lightweight shoe but am a pretty big toe dragger. What's the best lightweigt, breathable shoe that's also durable? The shoe doesn't need to last forever but I'd like it to last at least a couple of months.

zapvor
05-29-2007, 07:47 PM
new balance ct 1002. but the back wears out. but the toe is solid as rock.

bank5
05-30-2007, 05:39 AM
new balance ct 1002. but the back wears out. but the toe is solid as rock.

I think I'll give new balance a shot. I was also looking at the ct 822 which is a bit lighter. Has anyone tried these before?

bank5
05-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Well I just read the tennis-warehouse review on the Fila Flow Prossimo and am now leaning towards those. Every category ranked very high.

fuzz nation
06-05-2007, 01:17 PM
I got a pair of Diadora Speedzones from a poster here just to have a spare pair of sneaks handy. They were almost brand new and I got them for dirt. I'm not a toe dragger, but these things are changing my concept of what a tennis shoe can do.

They're light and springy like a soccer shoe and the sole isn't very thick up front so I can really feel the court under my feet. This thin aspect made me think I'd have fun racing around in these for a little while until I blew them out. Well, four months or so later and I've been alternating these with a pair of K-Swiss Ascendors - the K's are really comfy and breathe great, but they're almost completely chewed up. The D's on the other hand look like they have no more than a third as much wear (no exaggeration), they offer better traction than anything I've ever used, offer solid support and cushioning in the heel, and they even work well on clay.

There's reinforcement over the toe (they thought of you) and aside from lower than average ventilation, these sneaks are so far exceptional for me.

Leoboomanu
06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
The vapors...