PDA

View Full Version : TTC pulling an espn

tennissavy
05-30-2007, 02:23 AM
TTC never did this before only espn was infamous for doing this- leaving the featured match for interviews, etc. and making us miss half the match. So far, nearly 5 games have been played in the second set of the sharapova match and we only saw two points of the set! We had to see a live interview with ginepri and a look in at safin's match though. ESPN style coverage from TTC is unacceptable. BTW, what the hel l is with no streaming of chatrier court?

Fedexeon
05-30-2007, 02:26 AM
Lolz, maybe they think the Safin's match is more exciting than the Sharapova's one.

Nadal_Freak
05-30-2007, 02:26 AM
TTC=ESPN for the French Open I guess.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
05-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Lolz, maybe they think the Safin's match is more exciting than the Sharapova's one.

Higher quality maybe...

2hander
05-30-2007, 03:59 AM
I think TTC has been doing a pretty good job. Would you prefer all ESPN coverage, or none at all (and believe me, that's possible)?

tennissavy
05-31-2007, 02:19 AM
Hewitt is in action, in his second set, and we are seeing the Sharapova interview from yesterday again. That is very espn- showing a taped interview from another day instead of live action. Why don't they save the interviews and fluff for the highlights shows only?

tennissavy
05-31-2007, 04:03 AM
TTC is doing it again- instead of sharapova we are seeing a baghdatis interview! Show it during the highlights show not now. This is just like espn. Now TTC sucks too.

tennissavy
05-31-2007, 06:30 AM
Instead of live Nadal action Connie Chung and Maury Povitch are being interviewed for several long minutes!!! TTC now totally equals espn.

Sup2Dresq
05-31-2007, 06:33 AM
I think TTC got the coverage before it could get adequate commentators and tv capibilities. Hence the McEnroe/Robinson crews. They are ESPN now, but I'm sure it will change in time. Just be happy we get to watch more tennis.

P.S. Connie Chung! "You can't be serious".

Banger
05-31-2007, 06:34 AM
I think I am going to cancel The Tennis Channel now. This sucks. Ok probably not, but this is unacceptable. Maury Povitch and Chung? :confused: why.

tennissavy
05-31-2007, 06:39 AM
We missed all, except the first two games, of the Sharapova match this morning. I know it was a blowout but I would rather see it than interviews and fluff pieces. TTC was always great in its' coverage of events- no fluff at all, just the tennis, only the tennis. Now that it is covering its' first grand slam it chooses to do so in the style of espn- nonsense pieces, fancy graphics with the channel logo which are lengthy and frequently played, interviews and taped matches all instead of live action! Like I stated, now TTC=ESPN.

Fedexeon
I think I am going to cancel The Tennis Channel now. This sucks. Ok probably not, but this is unacceptable. Maury Povitch and Chung? :confused: why.

Relax man. :D

Sup2Dresq
Im sure TTC has a survey or company tracking how audiences are responding. Again, we are seeing ESPN like coverage because they probably didn't have enough commentators and coverage for this FO. I'm sure it will get better over time.

At least they got some new commercials and bag checks. I got enough of "working from home" commercials for two lifetimes.

Fee
05-31-2007, 07:04 AM
general@thetennischannel.com

webmaster@thetennischannel.com

tennissavy
05-31-2007, 07:15 AM
I am glad Fee posted the links for email addresses. I already sent a complaint a couple of days ago. Of course, TTC didn't even have the decency to reply. Perhaps if more people do write to TTC some changes will take place. Otherwise, we will continue to have espn coverage on two stations.

Gugafan_Redux
05-31-2007, 07:23 AM
You people are so naive. Like cable channel execs are going to drop everything they're doing and reply to whiners who missed a top ten player's early round blowout over an unknown.

Breaker
05-31-2007, 11:13 AM

Their coverage is infinitely better when they cover the Masters series events with the international feed, this is their first time doing a big tournament by themself and there are bound to be some problems.

johnny ballgame
05-31-2007, 11:28 AM
We had to see a live interview with ginepri and a look in at safin's match though. ESPN style coverage from TTC is unacceptable.

Disagree, cutting away from one match to show us a variety of matches is a GOOD thing. TTC has been far superior to typical ESPN coverage.