PDA

View Full Version : livestrong bracelets

mosquito
09-25-2004, 09:10 PM
the livestrong bracelets have been the trend lately. does anyone wear one and where did you get them. i cant be able to find them in any stores around my area

perfmode
09-25-2004, 09:14 PM
got one in august at burdines or macy's in florida.

Coda
09-25-2004, 11:02 PM
got mine at my tennis club

Brian Purdie
09-26-2004, 07:32 AM
i don't know. I'm all for defeating cancer and raising cancer awareness, but it's becoming a little phony to wear a bracelet unless you're actually out there donating your time or money to the cause.

perfmode
09-26-2004, 07:38 AM
i don't know. I'm all for defeating cancer and raising cancer awareness, but it's becoming a little phony to wear a bracelet unless you're actually out there donating your time or money to the cause.

100% of the $1 donation goes to the LAF charity.

Brian Purdie
09-26-2004, 09:39 AM
I know, and that adds up to alot of money in the long run

nvared
09-26-2004, 05:06 PM
I think a lot of people wear the bracelets because it shows support for a friend or family of a person who has cancer or who has survived cancer. I say ANYTHING that raises awareness of cancer is good and of course, anything more than that by volunteering or helping a cancer patient get to their treatment, etc is even better! Personally, I wear mine to support my dad who has multiple myeloma and other cancer patients. I also wear mine to remind myself of everything I've been through to survive my own cancer.

James Brown
09-26-2004, 05:26 PM
if they were only $1 id probably pick one up, some ppl on **** are selling them for $20. sad

tykrum
09-27-2004, 01:01 PM
You can order them off the foundation website, but it takes 3 to 4 weeks to ship because of the high demand.

Craig Sheppard
09-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Heh as a cycling fan, I bought 5 back in week 1 of the Tour de France--say around about July 10th-ish. Wore it everyday until it broke in late August. Now I have to go Urkel and use electrical or duct tape on it. Gave all the others away so I don't have any left, or I would still be wearing it. If anyone knows a good way to mend silicon rubber, lemme know.

I wore mine because it reminds me of Lance's story, reminds me of his training, and his comeback. I luckily haven't had a close family member affected by cancer, but when I see the bands and mine on my wrist, it reminds me that my life ain't so bad. And it also reminds me you have to work hard and be strong to get succeed. And don't say I'm a sucker for marketing, I bought my bunch when I heard it'd help Lance's foundation back in July.

Anyone who sells these on **** for more than a $1 and doesn't donate the proceeds to the LAF is a F!#@()@ BAST*##$. Hope you rot... Not right making a buck of the popularity of a good cause. You people who do that **** me off.

Live long, Lance.

Craig

perfmode
09-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Heh as a cycling fan, I bought 5 back in week 1 of the Tour de France--say around about July 10th-ish. Wore it everyday until it broke in late August. Now I have to go Urkel and use electrical or duct tape on it. Gave all the others away so I don't have any left, or I would still be wearing it. If anyone knows a good way to mend silicon rubber, lemme know.

I wore mine because it reminds me of Lance's story, reminds me of his training, and his comeback. I luckily haven't had a close family member affected by cancer, but when I see the bands and mine on my wrist, it reminds me that my life ain't so bad. And it also reminds me you have to work hard and be strong to get succeed. And don't say I'm a sucker for marketing, I bought my bunch when I heard it'd help Lance's foundation back in July.

Anyone who sells these on **** for more than a $1 and doesn't donate the proceeds to the LAF is a F!#@()@ BAST*##$. Hope you rot... Not right making a buck of the popularity of a good cause. You people who do that **** me off.

Live long, Lance.

Craig

Try melting it with a lighter or something.

Phil
09-27-2004, 08:19 PM
I admire Lance for overcoming a normally fatal cancer, and I contribute money to Sloan Kettering, and the ACS every year. However, I could not wear a bracelet or any other "reminder"; it's not something that I need to be reminded of. Those memories are too painful. Nowadays, everything, and I mean everything seems to be cheapened and publicized with empty trinkets. Sorry for the downer. Just my .002.

jediknightdan
09-28-2004, 06:10 AM
they brake to eazly