PDA

View Full Version : Question on grip size for tennis elbow.

acer
05-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I have a question on grip sizes and tennis elbow. I know that the correct grip size is important to avoid tennis elbow and as a player who has a one handed backhand, I have had some problems with tennis elbow. (Probably more technique than anything which I have addressed).

I have read that using the biggest grip which is comfortable is the best for tennis elbow. They say that if you can perfectly fit your index finger in between your thumb and fingers on your racquet hand than you have the right grip size. In my case my index finger fits perfectly. I have always used a grip size of 4 1/2. However, if I measure the crease of my index finger to the top of my ring finger, the size if 4 3/8. So I am inbetween grip sizes and could probably use a grip size of 4 1/2 or 4 3/8.

It got me wondering if perhaps a smaller grip, say 4 3/8, may be better for tennis elbow. Has anyone out there tried a smaller grip size in order to help their tennis elbow and did it work.

Let me know.

Thanks

Acer

Serve 'em hard
05-31-2007, 03:38 PM
If only you switched to the 2 hbh all your problems would eventually disappear...

I've heard differing things about grip size, but haven't done much personal experimenting in this area so don't know.

acer
05-31-2007, 09:06 PM
If only you switched to the 2 hbh all your problems would eventually disappear....

Hey Serve 'em hard, thanks for the reply. I am glad that someone finally did. I don't know if I want to switch to the dark side yet. My TE is under control for now but if it gets worse I may have to consider it.

I've heard differing things about grip size, but haven't done much personal experimenting in this area so don't know.

Actually, I tried to make the grip smaller by putting on a smaller grip. My elbow was a little more sore than usual after playing so I guessed I answered my question. I put the larger grip back on.

Thanks

Acer

Serve 'em hard
05-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Actually, I tried to make the grip smaller by putting on a smaller grip. My elbow was a little more sore than usual after playing so I guessed I answered my question. I put the larger grip back on.

Well there you have it. Case closed!