PDA

View Full Version : Question for guys who run

progman_2000
05-30-2007, 11:55 AM
What kind of shorts do you use for running? I picked up a pair of what I thought were Nike running shorts but they have a liner inside like a bathing suit - are you supposed to wear briefs or something when wearing running shorts, or are real running shorts supposed to provide all the support you need (i.e. commando)?

TW CSR
05-30-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't know man. I use some regular cotton Russell gym shorts, I would never go commando, too scary doing leg press. I guess if they have the built in undies then its your choice but I always wear boxers!!!

Ronny
05-31-2007, 02:28 AM
i use running shorts with skins half tights under...

BigGriff
05-31-2007, 04:08 AM
I wear running shorts with compression shorts underneath. I wouldn't suggest going commando that would be painful.

OrangeOne
05-31-2007, 04:26 AM
What kind of shorts do you use for running? I picked up a pair of what I thought were Nike running shorts but they have a liner inside like a bathing suit - are you supposed to wear briefs or something when wearing running shorts, or are real running shorts supposed to provide all the support you need (i.e. commando)?

I've cut the liner out of shorts... I can't see that it's nearly as decent as I'd like it to be....

progman_2000
05-31-2007, 05:04 AM
Damn, skins half tights are expensive. I am assuming compression shorts serve the same purpose - so go with these under the running shorts, huh? Makes sense, regular briefs just haven't been cutting it for running.

Venetian
05-31-2007, 05:49 AM
Yes, all shorts made specifically for running have that liner in them. You are supposed to wear them with no underwear, like swimming trunks.

Also, try not to get a pair that go down to your knees. The shorter the better for running.

progman_2000
05-31-2007, 06:26 AM
Yes, all shorts made specifically for running have that liner in them. You are supposed to wear them with no underwear, like swimming trunks.

Also, try not to get a pair that go down to your knees. The shorter the better for running.

Cool, thank you Venetian - I don't feel like such a freak now that I did 5 miles this morning in these Nikes. Kind of uncomfortable, more due to a longer inseam i think, like you suggest.

Serve em Up
05-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Real men wear real coton briefs and get chaffed!! So there.