PDA

View Full Version : Davydenko?

Izeil110
05-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Does anybody give him a chance to win the French Open? Man i saw his first round match, he was clicking on all his shots. He's also definetly one of the fastest guys in the event and that great match with Nadal a couple of weeks ago should give him some confidence! I like his style of game, and he's very solid, i hope he can make it to the finals...even though I would never bet money against Nadal to lose at Roland Garros for the next couple of years.

idiotboy
05-30-2007, 08:47 PM
is he in Nadals half of the draw? Fed tends to dispatch him pretty easily.

roysid
05-30-2007, 11:04 PM
He is the most underrated player around. Because he hasn't managed to beat Federer or Nadal yet. But he looks a good shot for semis atleast.

kalic
05-31-2007, 02:30 AM
He is the most underrated player around. Because he hasn't managed to beat Federer or Nadal yet. But he looks a good shot for semis atleast.

Underrated? ATP No4?

Rhino
05-31-2007, 02:37 AM
Underrated? ATP No4?

Not underrated by the ranking system, that is automatic. Underrated by the tennis public.
yeah I think he has a great chance, maybe my third favourite.

Duzza
05-31-2007, 02:39 AM
Yes he is under rated. You tell anyone he is a good player being no.4 in the world, they will reply "oo he is ugly and bald and no good". Seriously, everyone I talk to about him says something along those lines.

callitout
05-31-2007, 03:26 AM
For people, including me, who love great movement around the court and clean ball striking, Davydenko is great to watch.
For those who love big serves, volleying and fist pumping Davydenko is really a bore.
Robbie Koenig from TTC summarized it pretty well, saying that many fans would be more interested in him if he showed a little emotion once in a while....but then again Borg, Lendl on the court didnt show much emotion.

He plays on outside courts, and Im sure youll se him on court 11 at USO or at best grandstand even if he's 3 in the world.

J-man
05-31-2007, 03:31 AM
He is a dark horse for the French Open. He's really playing well.

theballboy
05-31-2007, 03:56 AM
Yes he is under rated. You tell anyone he is a good player being no.4 in the world, they will reply "oo he is ugly and bald and no good". Seriously, everyone I talk to about him says something along those lines.

If popularity was based on rankings, or even tennis skill, then everyone would by default like Nadal and Federer more than anyone else. We know that isn't the case.

35ft6
05-31-2007, 04:36 AM
He's one of the 4 or 5 favorites, so it wouldn't be as crazy as Johannson winning the Aussie. But Nadal and Federer would both have to have a fluke loss.

callitout
05-31-2007, 05:10 AM
The way Fed dominated him at USO with his strategy of short slicing and brininging him in, I really cant see him taking a set off Fed...but he did impress me against Nadal. And he played more aggressively, and showed an improved volley.

malakas
05-31-2007, 05:14 AM
if he were in Nadal's half of a draw,I could see him getting to the finals.But Federer knows how to play him and it will be mission impossible for Kolya.

I read in Eurosport that he said he knows how to play Nadal now.He seems quite confident.

AAAA
05-31-2007, 05:25 AM
I hope he beats Nalbandian and Canas so Federer doesn't meet either in the semi, all mentioned players need to keep winning of course.

OrangeOne
05-31-2007, 05:29 AM
"oo he is ugly and bald and no good"

I may not be good, and I am recently balded by the hairdresser, but I'm not ugly! ;)

Izeil110
05-31-2007, 06:26 AM
Yeah, he is definetly one of my favourite players due to his clean ball striking abilities as mentioned above. Also, what really amazed me against Nadal was the speed that he showed on clay and the fluidity of his movements. Very impressive, i could see him beating Nadal, and then i would give him about a 5% chance against federer.

IcyBox
05-31-2007, 03:28 PM
ist that just a rumour? i read that he will change his nationality and become an austrian!?