PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Myskina?

Golden Retriever
05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
She went downhill so fast after winning the French Open 3 years ago. What happened?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
05-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Apparently Myskina had foot surgery in Mid-January and have been practicing for a month and decided to give it a go. Now it is swollen again and we will see have happens in the next few months.

In her French Open interview, it sounded like she may retire if things doesn;t get better, but hopefully she will recover.

Ted Ghost Shackley
05-31-2007, 02:01 AM
Myskina has often said to people that she does not want to continue playing if she isn't one of the best players. She is a very smart woman who will move on to something else.

I hope she keeps playing. Watch her play in person, and her ability to glide across the court with sprinter's speed and smooth grace is amazing. She is a counter-puncher with silky shots; this means she has to work very hard to win matches.

Her French Open title was amazing; she made it look easy, but had to work so hard to achieve it.

DashaandSafin
05-31-2007, 02:00 PM
During one of the FO matches, Drysdale said that she would be commentating since she is already an excellent commentator in Russia. I guess thats what she's going to do if she never heals from that foot injury.

LarougeNY
05-31-2007, 02:04 PM
During one of the FO matches, Drysdale said that she would be commentating since she is already an excellent commentator in Russia. I guess thats what she's going to do if she never heals from that foot injury.

Hopefully she does, I really like watching her play (especially when she plays well)

CEvertFan
05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Didn't she also have a serious shoulder injury as well that affects her serve?

arnz
05-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Hopefully she does, I really like watching her play (especially when she plays well)

I like watching her play even if shes not doing well. The face aint much, but damn that body is fit :). (yup I'm a pig)

Bjorn99
05-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Myskina was my fave. Loved the way she moved. I think she is hot, face as well as bod.

pound cat
06-01-2007, 02:38 AM

They showed a clip of her interviewing someone and she was dressed in a suit and had her hair in a blunt cut...very professional

bluetrain4
06-01-2007, 06:20 AM
The good thing for her is that she has money (I hope she invested well) and she's got her Slam. I understand that she wants to get back to where she was, but at least she has something to fall back on. She had a good game. I don't know if she would win another slam, but she could do well. She's not that old, so she has some time to figure it out.

jelle v
06-01-2007, 08:16 AM
She has a toe injury. I think it was on her left foot and that it's about her big toe.