PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with toe callus/blisters?

gocard
05-30-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm getting what I think are calluses on the outsides of my big toes probably from all the running and stopping or something. I thought they would be calluses by now but even if I bandage them up before I play, they still end up hurting and being uncomfortable when I run and stop. It doesn't hurt otherwise, only when I play.

I thought that the skin should toughen up and not hurt anymore, but it still bothers me. Does anyone else have this problem? If so how do you deal with it?? Thanks.

zapvor
05-31-2007, 12:28 PM
dude i have this huge one on my right foot on the side of the big toe, and its just become completely hard. its probably bulletproof now lol. it doesnt even hurt when i take a fork and stab at it the skin is so thick. yea its nasty. i am thinking you will reach that point sometime. but back to the question-how do you fix this?

drhopz
05-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Lol, got a callus on my toe too. It isnt bullet proof yet, but getting there.

Zets147
05-31-2007, 01:41 PM
NuSkin or NewSkin
Whatever it is called

Voltron
05-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Hmm, I cut a callous off my foot with a razor blade, it hasn't come back since. Oh, by the way, NEVER EVER CUT CALLOUSES OFF WITH A RAZOR BLADE. Worst, pain, ever.

sdonnelly
05-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Hmm, I cut a callous off my foot with a razor blade, it hasn't come back since. Oh, by the way, NEVER EVER CUT CALLOUSES OFF WITH A RAZOR BLADE. Worst, pain, ever.

Haha, thanks for the warning. I get callouses as well on my big toes after playing, and I've seriously considered using a razor blade. But I've just changed my mind. I've never used one, but there are callous shavers I am pretty sure. And then the other product that Zets147 mentioned.

If you're a girl I guess you could go get a pedicure. I would but I can't afford them :-( lol.

kingdaddy41788
05-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Mine are practically bulletproof as long as I play on a consistent basis. If I don't they get soft after awhile.

kingdaddy41788
05-31-2007, 02:36 PM

I think most of us would have known this anyway...

Voltron
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
I think most of us would have known this anyway...
Yeah, but a few people on the forum, I won't name names, might have tried it. ;)

zapvor
05-31-2007, 04:45 PM
actually i took a nailclipper and cut off the callus like layer by layer until like the pink flesh showed, but within like 2 weeks it was back to bulletproof, so i really need help.

gocard
05-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Do you think wearing thicker socks can help? I bandage my toes but it doesn't seem to do much good. That razor blade idea just makes me cringe to think of it ;)

Voltron
05-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Haha, thanks for the warning. I get callouses as well on my big toes after playing, and I've seriously considered using a razor blade. But I've just changed my mind. I've never used one, but there are callous shavers I am pretty sure. And then the other product that Zets147 mentioned.

If you're a girl I guess you could go get a pedicure. I would but I can't afford them :-( lol.
Yeah, callous clippers are the way to go. Don't use a razor.
Do you think wearing thicker socks can help? I bandage my toes but it doesn't seem to do much good. That razor blade idea just makes me cringe to think of it ;) Thicker socks do help, and DON'T USE A RAZOR BLADE. Use a callous scraper.

MegacedU
05-31-2007, 10:05 PM
I wear thick thorlo running socks and use a buffer on rough spots in addition to using a great scrub. As for blisters, the thick socks should be enough, if not though, Band Aid makes great blister covers that stay on for days.

gocard
05-31-2007, 11:07 PM
thanks for the tips everyone! I'll try out the clippers, scrub and thicker socks...but I'm definitely staying away from the razor blade! ouch. :)

Blade0324
06-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I get these on the same place on my big toes too. I used a pumice stone when in the shower or bath. Let the callus get softer from the water and then give it a good scrub. They will not go away immediately but give it about a week or so and they will be nearly gone and then if you keep it up they stay away.

gocard
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
thanks blade! I've been using the pumice stone too and it really helps. Also I bandage my toes more than before just to prevent those annoying calluses from making a comeback. Seems to be working (so far)!